• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feed

Patmart

e5de405d8432af5989cdb6314165922d.jpg

George in his feeding box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that some people say don't feed them in the viv because they think everything coming into the viv is food
Then others say like you feed them in the viv
I don't know what's the right thing to do for George
Pat

Hi

This is my first post so obviously I'm not an expert, but from everything I've read there is no 'right way' to feed them. It seems to depend on two things, temperament of the snake and preference of the owner, probably a bit more the former than the latter.

If George is fairly placid and has to have the feed wiggled in front of his nose before he strikes, I'd say you could probably feed him in the viv, if he lashes out at everything in reach when he's hungry then the feeding tub is probably the way to go.

That being said, if moving to a feeding tub is working for you and George then for what it's worth, I think that's the right way for you two, why change something that's working perfectly well.

Gryff

Thank you Gryffyd I think that is the right way for us so don't think I'm going to change it George is very placid I've had him for 9 months now he was 9 weeks I do Handel him a lot
But it's nice to hear what others think
Thank you pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never fed outside of enclosure. I also keep kingsnakes, a gtp, an carpet pythons.

Do what works best for you.

Thank you MysticExotics
I read something when I brought George home .
Before I even thought about owning a snake read up how to care for them
Like you said if it works you
Thank you
Pat

No Jayden I am in the U.K. I don't know of anyone who feed with live mice
What I do is when the Mouse is thawed I get a cup with boiling water in get a lid put it on top of the cup put the mouse on it so it warms it then George thinks it's alive
Pat

Hi there is another reason why I don't feed in the viv is the aspen I use would get over the mouse while George was eating it
Poor George would get a mouth full
Pat

some people use tissue to lay under the mousie or a little plate
I personally feed out of the viv too... because I don't want to get eaten when I go and clean the viv's - but in our breed there is no problem because the snakies know that my husband is the 'feeder' and I'm the person who makes pictures and clean the vivs ;) It sounds crazy but its true (all heads are out when my husband go in to the room, none of them when I came in) lol

Hi cornsAustria I had George at nine weeks he is 11 months now
and when we had him he was in a small box inside his big viv
So that became his feed box I like the interaction
With him when he has had his food I open the lid and out he comes
I do everything for George
He is mine baby
Pat

Back