• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeders

I keep my rodents in the chest freezer in the basket... ironically right next to the popsicle ice pops. I've not had a problem with freezer burn, I just make sure when I take one out I close the bags up tight and no problems at all. I figure there's not much difference having a bag of frozen mice or a bag of chicken breasts in there.

I ordered mine back in I think, March. I just found a freezer burned pink, but it had fallen out of the bag and laid just under it who knows how long. The rest look same as the day I got them. Smell fine too.

How I Store Mine...

Hi,

I just got a delivery of 100 rat weanlings this morning, in 5 trays of 20.

Being new to all of this CS lifestyle (just since this past Sunday!), I had no idea how to properly store these, once I got the first one out. I contacted one of my friends here and she told me how she stores them. So I decided to store mine similarly and thought I might be able to help someone else who has no clue (like I had no clue).

After the FoodSaver, I put the smaller packs into a large Tupperware type container.

picture.php

Just keep an eye on your snake's weight with the rats. Most people stick with mice for corns because the rats are fattier.

Just keep an eye on your snake's weight with the rats. Most people stick with mice for corns because the rats are fattier.

I just learned that recently (long story) and I really appreciate your advice. I'm planning on seeing if any reptile owner/s in ABQ want to buy these from me so I can...downsize.
;)

It's probably fine to use them up as long as you feed on a conservative schedule....except if you just have that one snake, it'll take years. Obviously you'll just have to get more snakes! ;)

If you can find someone with a young ball python, they would probably be interested and every other snake owner has one, it seems. :)

SWEETSERAPH....

It's probably fine to use them up as long as you feed on a conservative schedule....except if you just have that one snake, it'll take years. Obviously you'll just have to get more snakes! ;) If you can find someone with a young ball python, they would probably be interested and every other snake owner has one, it seems. :)

We fed her one last night (in the sanitized and empty bathtub) and it went down fine. Then she proceeded to investigate the faucet and fixtures (supervised, of course). So I think that once I take her to have her well-check on Monday, I'll get a better idea of things (like a professional weight and feeding schedule)..and maybe even meet up with someone who might want to buy those feeders from me!

On the other hand, more snakes, huh?...DUH! :::As she happy dances around the computer:::

Back