• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

feeding bigger prey.

corn_breeder

i have a young snake and wanted to know if i should feed it a mouse or should i feed it two fuzzies. you can see the bumb with one fuzzy but i have alway poer feed it two or three times a month. i have only done this on one snake and i have noticed a big diferent. the snake is 3 months younger but its twice the sizes.

Rule of thumb: Feed prey that is 1.5 times the width of your snake. Prey item should leave a visible bump for about 24-48 hours. If the lump is gone in less time, then it is time to bump up to the next size.

If you are feeding fuzzies, then the next step is hoppers. If you are feeding fuzzies, and you say you power feed 2-3 times a month, then doesn't that mean that most of your feeding are "power feedings?"

How old is the snake in question and how long are you waiting between feedings? Different snakes grow at different rates (even with the same feeding schedule, I believe), so don't use this as a reason to up the feedings.

Back