• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding day for most of the new ones!

The_Thunderer

I haven't posted pics of ALL the new ones I've bought. So, I decided to take some pics on Feeding Day! Here are the ones that ate... and didn't. LOL.

Here's Edmond (Ghost 66% het amel) from PJCReptiles. (Mercedes ate last night).
DSC00141.jpg

Edmond 2
DSC00142.jpg

Okay, here's Mercedes (Phantom Anery or Platinum)... she ate last night.
DSC00143.jpg

This is Clark (Hypo Lav 66% het Bloodred) from KOCorns. He ate last night.
DSC00144.jpg

This is Tennille (Ghost Stripe) from GhostHouseCorns. She also ate last night.
DSC00145.jpg

This is the "Captain" part of "Captain & Tennille". He's not interested in eating. 2nd refusal. I'm leaving him with the pink overnight. HE WORRIES ME!!!!
DSC00146.jpg

2nd Shot. The pinky is all alone...
DSC00147.jpg

Continued!

My charcoal, Ben, only eats if I wiggle the pink inside his tub. You could try that. Ben won't eat if I wiggle it in the feeding tub, won't eat if I just leave it with him, but he shows interest by nosing it, weird little guy.

Thanks, Jenne! I've tried teasing him... but it just makes him more flighty. I'll try braining if he doesn't eat overnight.

My computer froze, so I didn't get to finish up. Here are the rest...

This is Lois (ie from Lois & Clark - pictured earlier). She's a Hypo Lav from KOCorns
DSC00148.jpg

This is Riker. He's a Hypo Lav from Jynx!
DSC00150.jpg

His pair is Troi... also a Hypo Lav from Jynx.
DSC00152.jpg

This one is Zatarra... an impulse purchase from a PetSmart. I like his head pattern. Its just ODD. I don't know he's really a he yet... LOL. I'm sure he's a normal.
DSC00154.jpg

Here's Zatarra's head pattern.
DSC00158.jpg

Another Head Pattern shot.
DSC00162.jpg

This is Kirk! He's a Lavender Bloodred from Carol @ Low Belly Reptiles!
DSC00166.jpg

Another shot of Kirk.
DSC00169.jpg

CONTINUED (Almost done)

Last edited:
This last couple are of Blaze. She's my female Fire from Stephen. She is also being left with a pinky...
DSC00171.jpg

Last one of Blaze!
DSC00170.jpg

Unfortunately, Firestorm regurged. So, I'm really worried about 3 of the new ones... Captain, Blaze and Firestorm.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed them!

So I was thinking Fred, you're going to need room for more purchases... If you need me to, I can hold some of your babies here... I know I am being very generous, but a friend needs to help a friend in need.

Actually, I also purchased a hatchling rack from MohrSnakes! LOL. It works out fine and when they get bigger, I can put them into the Yearling Rack I also purchased (IF it isn't filled by that time).

Here's the Hatchling Rack:
DSC00140.jpg

I had just finished putting the heat cord in yesterday and then loading them up last night. I was up until 4:00 AM yesterday! LOL. I'm working on the Yearling Rack tonight (after I feed the NON-corns). LOL.

Soooo, I appreciate the generosity, but I'm good for now! LOL.

Thanks, RavenSpirit! I think I'm done "collecting". LOL. Now, I just gotta get those that aren't eating to eat right and all will be good with the world. LOL.

Troi has a really cool pattern!!!

I love those hatchling racks, but I wish they came with heat. I need it where I live.

They are all beautiful, Fred!
Good luck with the problem babies.
Thanks, Rich! I'm sure they'll eat... perhaps I "bother" them too much. So, I'll try leaving them alone between feedings until they eat regularly.

Troi has a really cool pattern!!!
I love those hatchling racks, but I wish they came with heat. I need it where I live.
Troi is one "almost hatling" too! She curls into the S shape every time! LOL.
Yeah. I went ahead and tried them and I like them too. I used heat cable. I drilled a few holes and pushed the cable through. It works great for someone who is a dunce at creating things. I'm just glad that it was solidly built (thanks MohrSnakes!), so that my tinkering didn't mess anything up. LOL.

Last edited:
Beautiful collection you have there. I especially love Lois and Clark's coloring. Good luck with the 3 fussy eaters.

I'm sorry the Captain is being so stubborn for you. LMK if he still won't eat. Weird how the one that was kind of being a PITA here is eating fine for you and the hungry one, isn't.
A lot of his clutchmates are going through shed cycles right now, though. He might be also?

I'm sorry the Captain is being so stubborn for you. LMK if he still won't eat. Weird how the one that was kind of being a PITA here is eating fine for you and the hungry one, isn't.
A lot of his clutchmates are going through shed cycles right now, though. He might be also?
Hi, Jen! He shed 3 days ago (could be why he refused the previous meal) and I thought he'd go crazy this time. But he didn't. I also just checked and the pinky I left overnight with him was still there. I'm gonna wait until Friday for him and try again... maybe live or brained. Think its a good plan?

I would try braining first, and to duplicate exactly the feeding conditions here, put him in a small round deli (like the one he arrived in) with no paper towel instead of placing the pinky in the tub with him.(I like to put the pinky on the edge where it is easier to find than the middle.) Hopefully that will do the trick...

I would try braining first, and to duplicate exactly the feeding conditions here, put him in a small round deli (like the one he arrived in) with no paper towel instead of placing the pinky in the tub with him.(I like to put the pinky on the edge where it is easier to find than the middle.) Hopefully that will do the trick...
Thanks, Jen. I've got a little bit of a plan, so I'll try that mixed with a little of your ideas. Wish me luck!

Awesome pics Fred! I'm glad the babies are settling in for you! :D
Thanks, Jynx! I really am enjoying them. Riker and Troi are one tough pair. Thanks for the pretty babies!

I can't pick a fav! They are all so beautiful :)
Neither can I, Elle. When I want to say "this one" is my favoritie, I feel that I'm leaving the rest out. LOL. How weird is that!?

Back