• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding/Handling Question

RLS1966

Hockey Lover
If you follow the guideline of feeding your young snake a couple of times a week and not handling them for a few days after feeding them, then you are only handling them maybe once a week. Does someone have a good schedule that allows them to handle their corn more often?
I want to be able to handle my corn as much as possible (without causing him undue stress or a possible regurge) so she will become familiar with me and remain docile.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions/recommendations,
Randy S.

I feed my young snakes every wednesday and every sunday. I handle them a bit on the day of feeding before I give them food and I also can handle them on Saturdays and some tuesdays depending on if they have pooped yet or not. Thats more than enough handling of a juvenile to calm him down a bit.

If you are concerned though, there is nothing wrong with feeding every 5-6 days and handling on the 3rd 4th and 5th day before feeding. I however feel that young snakes do better if they are not handled a great deal. Yes, enough to lose their fear of the keeper, but not so much they are being bothered daily by the cage intrusion.

Best wishes to you

Back