• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding in seperate container

RickNC

New to corns and have a question about feeding in a seperate container. I understand it's the best thing to do however once the snake is done eating should I move it back into it's main tank or should I wait?

I dont have a lot of experience as I only have one corn right now. I think it will depend on the tempramnet of your corn. Some say wait 30 minutes becuase the smell of food may still be in the air or you snake will still be in a feeding frenzy and might try to have a little snack on your finger. Bit after watching mine I know how she is and I just put her back right away, I usually just put the container back in her viv and let her crawl out.

Yeah, after your snake has finish eating you should notice that the he squirm the food item down 2/3 the way down his body. After that wait a few more minutes or so then just lift him up and place him back into the Viv. Please note that being in the feed mode your snake might strike at you. What I do is after placing in a food item in the container with the snake I wash my hands, using the same soap, so that the snake know my smell. then I reach in to the side and reach for the snake from the side and grab him like normal and put him back.
Hope that help

Back