• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding Issue

Cruxite

An online friend of mine works at a Petsmart and they have a little Snow Corn who just hasn't been eating at all from what she's told me. She's very good with reptiles and has snakes of her own and tells me that she's tried peeling a bit of the skin away and drawing blood from the pinkie but the little gal still won't eat.
I told her I would post a thread on here for her since she's not a member, so is there any other tips that ya'll have about some tease feeding habits or the likes? I know she is at a Petsmart so she's probably under a lot of stress but I'd really hate to hear that she's dead from not eating right. :(

Have her put the snake in a small, escape-proof container, with holes. Like the size of a margarine cup. Feed early in the morning or in the evening. Heat a small pink up to very hot- 102F. Cut a few slits down the head and back of the pink. Cover the container up and leave the snake undisturbed for a couple hours. If it doesn't eat, reheat and leave it overnight. If that doesn't work try live, if she can find it.

Back