• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding my 2 year old corn snake

JenGiltner

Hello all,

I have a question about what size our snake should be now. He is around 2 years old. I feed him a fuzzy every 5 days, he is much smaller than other snakes I have seen that are younger than him/her. I don't know if its a boy or girl yet. Any advice?

Well, it's hard to judge without a photo of your snake. My butter is just over a year and he is about 2ft long and weighs 135g. He eats a small adult mouse every 7 days. So I would think that your little guy would be very small for a 2 year old if he only manages a fuzzy! Mind you snakes do grow at different rates, are you certain that he is eating the right size food? The item should be approx 1 1/2 times the girth of your snake at its thickest part. A photo would help people make a more informed response.

Sorry - the pic is blocked.

Whilst they're growing, the food needs to leave a visible lump in their belly for 24-48 hours after eating. If it goes down before that (or doesn't leave a lump at all), then it's probably time to try the next size of food up. This holds true until they're on large adult mice, which will be the largest food most Corns ever need to eat.

Remember to decrease the frequency of feeding as you increase food size. If you decide to go to small mice, then once a week is about right.

Back