• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding Plan

Jay633

I have recently heard to feed my baby corn snake (it @ 18 grams as of now,) pure pinkies, and as it grows to increase the number of pinkies fed per feeding until its 3ft long, once its three feet i was told to feed it hoppers for about 4 meals then adult mice. Has any body heard of this??

Mr. Munson has the perfect plan for you :)

The Munson Plan (Sample Feeding Chart): Revised 06/08/08
-When they're on single pinks (2-3g), I feed every 5-6 days. (Snake = 4-15g)
-Double pinks (3g x 2) every 5-6 days. (Snake = 16-23g)
-Small fuzzies (5-7g) every 6-7 days. (Snake = 24-30g)
-Regular fuzzies (7-9g) every 6-7 days (Snake = 30-50g)
-Hoppers (9-12g) every 6-7 days (Snake = 51-90g)
-Weaned (14-20g) every 7 days (Snake = 91-170g)
-Adult (20-30g) every 7-x days (Snake = 170+) See below.

Note: Adult females are fed more frequently than adult males (especially following brumation). Adult females are fed every 7-12 days; adult males are fed every 11-14 days.

This is by no means scientific, and not all corns will cooperate 100% with the schedule. The weight ranges I gave for the prey and snakes are approximate.

when the snake finally gets to 3 feet (which can be a full grown adult corn snake), you would have to feed it about 10 pinkies just to make the corn full... doing it that way, you wouldn't be giving it the nutrition that it could get from one weaned/small adult mouse either... It's recommended to use the plan above as a guideline for what to feed your snake and when to bump it up to the next size of prey. You will need a scale for this plan but they are really cheap and it's way easier than going to the store, looking at the size of the mouse and thinking if your snake is big enough to eat it. However i did it that way for about a year, but i believe the Munson plan is the way to go. Hope this helps :)

I agree with Eric & Vicky. Also remember that The Munson Plan is a guideline & doesn't have to be followed to every last detail. It can be tweaked any way you feel is necessary for your corn. All corns grow at different rates. But what ever you do, please don't feed it pinkies until its 3 ft. It will NEVER get to 3 feet that way.

Feeding it pinkies allows you to build up to the next size prey. Pinkies, fuzzies, hoppers, weanlings, then adult mice. As soon as you start being able to feed it hoppers your snake will start growing like a weed!

Good luck!

The plan you mentioned seems to have come from someone either really uneducated or they want to make a lot of money:p

the munson plan has been working great for me so far and lots of others here have been successful using it. G'luck

Back