• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding Process and Digestion Question

Twoboyz

Hi,

I'm new at this and need advice on the whole feeding process and digestion. My corn weighs 7.4 g. I fed him 1 small pinky on Saturday evening, which he ate right away. Yesterday we left him alone to digest. He was cruising around his tank all night, very active. Today I came home thinking it would be okay to take him out and handle him, but he's just laying on top of the substrate stretched out not moving. I've never seen him like this, he's usually either in a hide or cruising around. Is this normal? Is he digesting? Should I wait another day to handle him? I've read to wait two days, but other places I've read three days. I'm just worried something might be wrong.
If anyone can offer some advice or reassurance....

Thanks much

I give the babies three days to digest. I give the adults two. My reason is if I cause a regurge due to handling too soon, the adult won't be as severely affected. It sure wouldn't hurt to err on the side of caution for at least the first few weeks.

My babies are usually out one or two days after feeding. This is good- it means their meals are moving through and being digested quickly.

I have a baby ghost that weighs exactly what yours does. Sometimes she stretches out in the open to digest, sometimes she goes under the substrate. I basically leave her alone until I see her moving about at night again - usually 2 or 3 days after eating.

Thanks for the advice and reassurance Nanci and Kalena. So, he was moving around like crazy about 20 hours after he ate. Does this mean he already digested? Or is there a delay in digestion and was he doing it tonight, two days after he ate? Just trying to figure out how it all works. Thanks.

Back