• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

FEEDING QUESTION......

MyLittleGuyCyrus

Hey all!

Cyrus is doing great!! I was wondering though, he is eating fuzzies now and always seems to be looking for something else to eat after he eats the fuzzy. Normally I just put him back in his viv and let him chill. The last two feedings he is out and about after about a day and a half (no tummy lump). So tonight I gave him a fuzzy and then followed with a pinky (he ate both ravenously). Is this OK? I was gonna move him up to hoppers at his next feed, but I still have some pinkies left over.....can I give him 1 fuzzy and 1 pinky for a while longer or do you recommend I just move him up to hoppers? He is now 63 grams (I weighed him tonight before his feeding)! Thanks in advance for the advice!

A lot of people use the Munson feeding plan (below) which puts your snake in the Hopper category but I don't see anything wrong with using up what you have first. I definately think he needs more than just a fuzzy though.

-When they're on single pinks (2-3g), I feed every 5-6 days. (Snake = 4-15g)
-Double pinks (3g x 2) every 5-6 days. (Snake = 16-23g)
-Small fuzzies (5-7g) every 6-7 days. (Snake = 24-30g)
-Regular fuzzies (7-9g) every 6-7 days (Snake = 30-50g)
-Hoppers (9-12g) every 6-7 days (Snake = 51-90g)
-Weaned (14-20g) every 7 days (Snake = 91-170g)
-Adult (20-30g) every 7-x days (Snake = 170+) See below.

Note: Adult females are fed more frequently than adult males (especially following brumation). Adult females are fed every 7-12 days; adult males are fed every 11-14 days.

This is by no means scientific, and not all corns will cooperate 100% with the schedule. The weight ranges I gave for the prey and snakes are approximate.

It'll be fine to carry on with the fuzzy+pinkies combo until the pinkies are used up. You could give him 2 or 3 pinkies at a time with the fuzzy if you wanted.

It'll be fine to carry on with the fuzzy+pinkies combo until the pinkies are used up. You could give him 2 or 3 pinkies at a time with the fuzzy if you wanted.

Three pinks and a fuzzy seem to me to be pushing it.
I would go with a fuzzy and a pink util the pinks are gone them move up.
Do you need to rush it???

I don't need to rush it and I am totally fine doing the fuzzy and a pinky until the pinks are gone. My concern was that a fuzzy and a pinky together would either be more then a hopper in total size and he would regurge or he wouldn't be getting the proper nutrition with a F/P combo compared to a hopper. I wouldn't have even cared if the advice had been to just chuck the pinkies and go to hoppers......my main concern is Cyrus' well being. Thanks so much for the replies!

Back