• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding Question

egermann04

I got my first snake at the San Mateo show on Sunday and I was wondering when I should feed him for the first time. He pooped the day I got him so I'm assuming he ate probably that Friday since it seems reasonable to feed your snakes before putting them in a small plastic tub for a 6 hour drive to sit on a table for 2 days. I haven't handled him at all yet, I wanna make sure he's eating right before there's a chance of me stressing him out too much to not eat. Would Saturday be an okay day to feed him then start getting him used to being handled on Monday?

We usually recommend that you leave them completely alone for a week to settle in before handling or offering food. Any sooner and you risk either stressing him, or having him regurge. It won't hurt him to go without eating for a few days longer - a sharpened appetite also makes a successful first feed more likely.

You probably already know this, but just in case, remember not to handle him for 2 days after feeding as well.

Alright thanks for the help. I'll probably offer him some good eats on Monday or Tuesday night (he gets up around 10pm to start exploring) and yes I did know that but thank you anyways it's always nice to freshen up on things I am new to.

Back