• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

feeding while shedding

ken347

Corn Addict In Training
So i got my snake last week and i went to feed him today the pet store said he refuses f/t so I figured one live one would be fine. So i put him in a box with it and he kept striking at it but never opened his mouth so i killed the mouse and tried again feeding him it but now he won't even look at it then I realized his eyes looked glazed so I put him in the cage and put the mouse on a plate. My question is, is there any chance he will eat ? Or should I just throw it out? And wait

Well I tried putting the mouse right up to his mouth he just slithered past it. So i threw it out. My problem now is he has some blood on him ( the mouses) but if i touch him he will bite should I leave it since it will come off in shed?

I think I would just let him chill until after he sheds. Maybe someone with more experience can give you better advice.

Well when I put him in a box with the mouse he kept striking it with his mouth closed so when i went to grab the mouse he struck my hand with it closed I'm kinda hesitant now to clean the blood in case he decides he wants to open his mouth

I'll leave him except for his daily water changes. Thanks for everyone's opinion that's one problem solved now I just gotta figure out how to not feel bad for killing a innocent mouse for no reason

I always check my snakes to make sure they are not in blue before thawing the mice. I learned that after throwing away a few. You will learn as you go. Corn snake bites are not bad at all, you hardly feel them, so don't be afraid of getting bit.

Well he managed to get himself wedged in a hide so when I helped him out he was very calm so i guess I might clean him

I leave mine alone while they're in shed, especially when they're opaque (milky colored eyes) because they cannot see that well, & handling them during this time may cause them more stress.

Back