• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeding

I think the Munson plan sticky says how often, but here's what I'm doing.
Hatchlings to yearlings -- every 5-7 days, 5 days is probably better.
Yearlings to 2 year olds -- every 5-10 days.
After that it kind of depends on gender because I plan to breed, so the females need to eat more often, every 7-14 days, boys more like every 14 days so they don't get fat, and Pebbles every 18-21 days because s/he IS fat and is being slimmed down to a better weight (around 950 gms when I started the diet 6 months ago, has lost about 20 gms so far so we're making progress!).

Here you go:

Munson Plan

-When the snake is on single pinks (2-3g), I feed every 5-6 days. (Snake = 4-15g)
-Double pinks (3g x 2) every 5-6 days. (Snake = 16-23g)
-Small fuzzies (5-7g) every 6-7 days. (Snake = 24-30g)
-Regular fuzzies (7-9g) every 6-7 days (Snake = 30-50g)
-Hoppers (9-12g) every 6-7 days (Snake = 51-90g)
-Weaned (14-20g) every 7 days (Snake = 91-170g)
-Adult (20-30g) every 7-x days (Snake = 170+) See below.

Note: Adult females are fed more frequently than adult males (especially following brumation). Adult females are fed every 7-12 days; adult males are fed every 11-14 days.

This is by no means scientific, and not all corns will cooperate 100% with the schedule. The weight ranges given for the prey and snakes are approximate.

Copied from Nanci's caresheet.

I do the KISS method, I feed every 7 days the proper size food item.

KISS = Keep it simple stupid

That way I know every Friday is feeding day and can not forget about them. I do not mean that some times it is not on Thursday or Saturday do to some thing happening on Friday. Like last week use my daughter's cheer for the football team so I spend that night watching the game and I fed on Thursday. I do not weigh my snakes I go by the size of their head and their bodies ( 1.5 times their head size for corns or body size for kings and milks ).

Love the Fatman

You really don't have to waste your money buying a scale. Young and sub-adult snakes just grow faster the more you feed them. When they reach adult size they get an adult mouse every couple of weeks. If you plan on breeding them, then the female adults should get a couple mice a week. It's that simple!

Back