• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Fernandos viv

Rudy

Here are some pictures of fernando's updated viv... I spent alot of money on it and I hope it looks good... if you guys think I should get rid of something, let me know cause I spent ALOT of money on these decorations!
f6.jpg

f7.jpg

f8.jpg

f9.jpg

I really hope it looks good, I think it looks pretty cool... Gimme opinions on what I should add and what I should take out.. I would like some money back if you know what I mean, but if you think I should have all that in there, then oh well thats why I have a job :p

Looks good! I always stick some really heavily leaved vines in along the walls, and along the floor. They love to have cover when they are in the open. I like the driftwood :D

How would you guys rate it on a scale of 1-10? And what should I improve on in my viv?

Extra hides are always good.

I recommend using empty toilet paper tubes. My snakes love them. Just lay a couple around the bottom. They are also cheap to replace if they get dirty.

You'll want a hide on the warm end, one on the cool end and mayby one in the middle. As mentioned, paper towel/toilet paper rolls are awesome for vivs.

I like the bendy vine but you can probably unwind it a bit for a more interesting climbing surface. Not sure you need the UV light, but that's kinda a personal preference thing. Hope it doesn't melt itself/any plastic on the screening like mine did. But then, I think I was sold the wrong wattage.

Looks good overall. 8-1/2 out of 10.

I'd add more suction cup vines, one on each side and the back, and a bigger water bowl. Snakes like to get in their water, and a tiny bowl can go dry before you know it. But it's a good start! Then to make it perfect, you could take one of those twisty wirey leafy vines, cut it in half if it's too big, and just crumple it up and arrange it on the floor of the viv, to make a tangle of leaves he can travel through without being out in the open. And maybe add another inch of aspen. Oh, and babies like a piece of cork bark just laid flat on the aspen.

Can I just take a low and wide tupperwear container and put water in that? Right now aesthetic value is important but it can be temporarily ignored if you think he needs a much bigger bowl.

I got garlands of fake ivy from the craft store. They provide a lot a of hiding areas. When you clean they can easily be taken out and rinsed off. I think they were on sale for about $7 each when I bought them. Make sure you cover any wire ends that may stick out(someone posted about using hot glue).

Can I just take a low and wide tupperwear container and put water in that? Right now aesthetic value is important but it can be temporarily ignored if you think he needs a much bigger bowl.

I think he would tip that. It's not emergent, just next time you see a nice one.

Back