• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Few paranoid questions

JadasMommi

First time snake owner
Hello there!:spinner:
I'm probably being paranoid as usual, but I have a few questions my mind can't wrap sense around. Jada has a very light colored underside, in which I can see dark spots inside her. Not spots as in round, different shapes. I would say there's about 3. I was wondering if this is a part of digestion, or passing bowels or bodily whatevers. If not, what is it!? They aren't noticable from a distant stare, but while she's wrapping around my fingers you can see them. Another question I have is about fecal matter. If i were to see jada's waste in the tank, would i know that that is what that is ? I was cleaning her bedding tonight, and didn't see anything that would be considered fecal matter, except for a tiny black 'smudge' on some of the bedding. Is that what I would be looking for? It's been almost 2 weeks since i've had Jada, and I don't know if she's "gone". So I am just curious to know what exactly it is i would be looking for.
Thanks for all the help! Y'all are wonderful!

The black smudge may have been it. My snake excretes dark grey with white solids, sometimes not much white. Any liquid goes away fast, so you may not notice it.
I don't know about small snakes, there's probably not much coming out.

When corn snakes are young their poop pretty much looks like little bird poop. Pretty easy to miss. Those dark spots I'm guessing are organs, you can see them is your snake it light in color.

My young corns all have those "black spots" too. I've always assumed they're just organs inside the snake, but I don't really know for sure. Rest assured though that they are normal. :)

I agree that when they're little, it can be pretty tough to find their poo in aspen unless it's right against the side of the tank. That's actually one reason I'm switching most of mine to paper towel substrate today! (I'm sick of having to dig around looking for poo!) Mine tend to produce what looks kind of like bird poo as well. Good luck with your little Jada!

What kind of corn is it? Pictures could help. Many times with types of corns they are so light that you can see into them. Some with time grow out of that stage but some don't. Don't worry to much about it. Many members on here have corns that display the same light under belly that you are talking about.

[Shorty, your sig is too long. ]

Baby snakes just leave little black smudges. Be thankful for that. Big Jake can leave a whopper in his waterbowl enough to make me dry heave!

For something really creepy, or cool, hold your baby snake (after she's settled in!) up to a strong light- you can see her lung breathe!

Wow, well let me tell you i can breathe a little easier tonight! Thank you all for helping my mind rest LOL!! From what you'all have said, i'm convinced I cleaned a poop! Yay!? Her first poop, maybe i should have framed it LMAO. Ok so aside from being totally quirky, all is well with Jada. Thank you again!

Back