• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

few questions before I make my purchases

Gman79

So I am getting close to the day where i can go get a snake.... should i just get one at the pet store or wait for the reptile show? the pet store has one but not sure how old it but have seen it eat. I want like a yearling.Morph is not important as I like normals, okeetees, Amels, and miamis. Also was wondering if I should spend a few extra bucks and buy a 30 gallon instead of a 20 long... Looking to keep the tank the whole life of the snake and not rebuy.

Buying my supplies other than the tank from Reptilesupply.com any thoughts on this decision?

Thank you so much and I cant wait until the day i get a snake comes. Its getting closer and closer.

-Chris-
New snake fanatic

I've heard that a 20 long can last a corn all it's life hence why I went to straight to buying the 20 long...as for getting a snake at a pet store vs a reptile show...It all depends..If you really want to know as much about your snake as you can (hets, weight, age, eating habits) then I would say go and wait for the reptile show..since the breeders there usually will always know a lot about the snakes they sell (not to mention it would be a lot cheaper to..heh)...Or you could even look to try and buy one from this forum and get the same information from most of the users here..)...Pet stores usually won't know a lot about the snakes they sell...not saying they won't know anything..but You'll know more from buying a breeder...buying supplies from "Reptilesupply.com" seems like a good idea to me...they have great prices..but of course..so do reptile shows...they sell lots of supplies there for really good prices as well :0) Well I hoped I shined some light...

I started my snake in a 30.A week or so ago I moved her into a 75.
She LOVES all her new space :grin01: They get pretty long as adults,so I wanted to make sure she would have enough room to stretch out.

A 20 gallon long should suffice, but bigger is probably better. Personally, I'd go for the 30. I keep my corn in a 40 gallon breeder.

Buying supplies online can be quite a good idea, I get most of my stuff online, it tends to be a little cheaper and often there is more selection.

If you are looking for a yearling you may not find any at a reptile show, generally you'll find hatchlings there. You'll spend a lot less at a reptile show as well. I suggest this. Get the pet shop snake and then buy a second one at the show. :grin01:

Well actually, right now it's all yearlings and older :grin01:
There were barely any hatchlings when I went earlier this month.

Droptines said:
How much are they asking for the corns ?? what size ?

i live in the uk but i payd £120 for my hachling, 25 gallon tank, water dish, light, heat mat and substrate plus a few pinkys. i think that works out to roughly $70-$80 which i thought was a fair price.

squeebo said:
i live in the uk but i payd £120 for my hachling, 25 gallon tank, water dish, light, heat mat and substrate plus a few pinkys. i think that works out to roughly $70-$80 which i thought was a fair price.
i got all that for 70quid

Back