• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Few random questions!

Inked_lil_girl

Okay I haven’t posted in a very long time.
I was just wondering if Ziggy my snow, is big or not for his/her age. She’s/he's a year and ½ old and is now 27inches long.
I’m going to start feeding Ziggy two fuzzy’s, I know she/he can handle it I’ve just been putting off buying a bunch of fuzzies till my 05 Anery was on fuzzies. Which after a few more feedings of 2 pinkies he will be. He's growing like a weed as well. I feed them both about onces a week. I think i could feed Vito a bit more offent but he seems to be growing just fine.

Which reminds me. Vito my Anery always seems like he’s going to strike me. I handle them both the same amount of time but he always seems ready to bite. Never has he’d would rather run away. I was wondering if he could be stressed out. There both in the same room which is kind a of busy and loud at times but Ziggy seems rather happy and okay.( very sweet snake) Think all the noise could have Vito upset?

One more question! Think at 27inches someone could guess from a tail shot if Ziggy is a boy or a girl? Or is that a good size to get probed at?

Well, all snakes grow at different rates. My 04 snow girl started off as a slow eater with the breeder but has been eating with no problems after her slow start. I haven't measured her in a while, but I wouldn't be surprised if she is almost 27 inches. She was only 17.5 inches in April when I got her and is on two fuzzies (almost hoppers) and only gets fed once a week now.
Vito could just be a bit more nervous than Ziggy. If he eats well and sheds and carries on normally I wouldn't be worried. He's still an 05 and will probably mellow out more with time. Seeing as though snakes don't have "ears" and sense vibration more than anything, I would say loud noise wouldn't be a problem. Lots of banging around might be another story, though.
I'm sure if you got a good tail shot people could give you a pretty good idea of sex. I, personally, am not very good at telling that way, or at least I always think the opposite of what the experienced eyes always say!
:)

Back