• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Finally allowed a snake!

Cheeks

I've been wanting a snake for a couple of years now and my boyfriend recently said it was okay but with one condition. He would be much more comfortable with the snake out of sight, which means he is going in a closet; if that does not cause any issues for the snake. He has already agreed that if it's not good for the snake I can put him elsewhere.

I wanted your opinions on the lighting, if I should have any since it will be dark most of the time. I'll definitely leave the doors open when my boyfriend isn't home and let light in (it's directly across from the sliding glass doors to the patio) but I don't want my corn to get stressed if it's dark constantly, like over the weekend when we're both mostly home.

I've seen the day/night bulbs from Zoomed but after all I've read I'm set on a UTH. Is there any other lighting I can use so he knows when it's day/night? I'm not sure how important it is for him to know that?

It's not very important for corns to have a lot of light. I wouldn't bother buying supplemental lighting if you're going to be able to open the doors when he's not home. Chances are the snake will nap in a hide a lot of the time, and your BF will get used to the snake anyway.

I think there will be no problem keeping a corn snake in a closet as long as the temperatures are okay in there. I bet your boyfriend will come around in time, though, once he sees how cute and sweet your corn snake will be.

I have told him that they mostly hide and he most likely won't see him if he's not pressing his face to the glass lol I don't think he's going to come around. Somebody has made him hold a snake before (not sure what kind) to show him that they're not scary and it made him even more adamant about not being around them. Who knows though! :)

The temperature should be okay but I plan on setting up his habitat in there for 5-7 days and check it every day before I get him, just to be sure. If I need to adjust anything I'll do it then.

Your care sheet really helped btw, Nanci. I appreciate you posting that for everyone to check out! :)

Back