• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Finally bought one! :D

atomic peach

I've always loved snakes and now that I am out of the college dorms, I got one! Thankfully the girlfriend approved (she actually picked our new roommate out). We hit up the Hamburg Expo and found a beautiful blood red female to take home to Philly. Sorry for the filtered pic, my girlfriend loves instagram's filters :)().

482989_4759510874519_702090864_n.jpg

Her first night she snuck out (The screen clips I recently picked up aren't compatible with my cage lid and I made the mistake of thinking massive textbooks could keep a youngin' down.) and after tearing up my entire apartment I freaked out. Thankfully, after returning from a meeting, I find her sitting back in her cage. :D

Still thinking of a name for her but I can't wait to spend the future years with our new member of the family!

pretty snake. . . fortunately you can hold the screen lid down with books, or other flat heavy objects (booze bottles if it's that kind of campus), just suggest you position "whatever-they-are's" towards the corner edges of the screen top (trying to cover all the angles incase you2 aren't physics majors)-
Cheers & thanks for sharing-

She may of just been hiding REALLY well and never gotten out of the viv...
Congrats on your new baby and welcome to CS.com

Bet you she never was really gone! My first corn was a master at hiding in his house! Congrats!

I doubt she was in the cage; I tore it up and sifted through the bedding. I found that she escaped through the small gap the thermostat sensor cord left in the cover. Duct tape is a wonderful friend until UPS delivers my new screen today.

I fed her for the first time last night but she only ate after we went to bed. I guess I'll have to wait to witness an eating. :(

I doubt she was in the cage; I tore it up and sifted through the bedding. I found that she escaped through the small gap the thermostat sensor cord left in the cover. Duct tape is a wonderful friend until UPS delivers my new screen today.

I fed her for the first time last night but she only ate after we went to bed. I guess I'll have to wait to witness an eating. :(

Just make sure there is no sticky exposed on the inside of the tank, or she might get stuck to it, and that can be bad.

Just make sure there is no sticky exposed on the inside of the tank, or she might get stuck to it, and that can be bad.

Of course! It was much "fun" trying to create the cover sticky side up. It took me at least 15 minutes. :p She even tested it out for me while I was watching her. lol. I also put some kind of caulking gasket around the aquarium rim to remove a "shelf" to push off of, but it doubles in a super easy way to find her sometimes!

Congrats on your baby Bloodred, she is beautiful.So glad that you found her.
I love the red snakes. My Bloodred's name is Scarlett.

Back