• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Finally found out what morph my juvenile is

Christoffer90

After searching the web for pictures and talking to experienced corn breeders I've finally found out the mystery about Akuwa's morph. She is a High Contrast Carolina Motley.

Never seen this morph before, so I'm pretty happy.
Is this a normal or a rare morph?
I'll ask you, since you are more experienced than me.

Cheers! :crazy01:

After searching the web for pictures and talking to experienced corn breeders I've finally found out the mystery about Akuwa's morph. She is a High Contrast Carolina Motley.

Never seen this morph before, so I'm pretty happy.
Is this a normal or a rare morph?
I'll ask you, since you are more experienced than me.

Cheers! :crazy01:

And here is a picture of the morph.

Attachments

• unusual.jpg
    unusual.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 79
Looks like a normal motley to me are the parents wc from Carolina? Normal mots are pretty and very common morphs I have a striped version myself:)

Loos like a normal motley to me are the parents wc from Carolina? Normal mots are pretty and very common morphs I have a striped version myself:)

It's not a normal motley. They does'nt look anything like my snake.
Her morph has been a mystery on this forum since the first picture and now I'm kinda hoping that I've found it. The picture is not of MY snake, It's just an example.

So does your snake look like the example you posted? If so its a normal motley and a Carolina is just a normal collected in that area. Normals vary quite a bit between specimens but thats definitely a normal mot:)

I have to agree with Danielle. That one looks really similar to my Motley when he was younger. Mine was slightly brighter at that age, but very similar in coloration. I haven't heard of a Carolina Motley, but I imagine that would be a locality Corn rather than an actual Morph. The one pictured is beautiful, though!

I always thought 'Carolina' was just another term for 'normal'. Normal, classic, Carolina, etc... I dunno.

She is more burgundy and the orange spots are VERY clear and almost fluorisent at the head and about four spots down, then it fades out to almost beige. the stripes on the side turns out to be spots closer to her tail. She has me confused to hell. lol
that was the best example of her morph I could find. I think she looks like carolina motley with hypo motley. It's the colours that gets me confused, not the pattern

Could be a hypo normal motley, but Carolina refers to the region the snake was collected and isn't a morph like mentioned. Normals vary like I said and motleys are often brighter without being hypo. So I would call it a normal motly until you test breed it against homo hypo corn:)

It's from the third generation bred in my country, so how can it be collected in Carolina? Lol, I've falled out of this...

She may not be rare, but she is strange to me. Haha, wish I could take her with me and show her to you, then you could tell me, because her colours don't come all out on my photos (I only got a cellphone as camera) .. But she is def a striped motley with.. Strange colour combinations! Lol. Thanks for the help anyway :)

Parents or grandparents could've been Carolina collected. Perhaps the breeder thinks it's just a prettier way of saying normal or classic. Nothing to be upset about, normals are the most variant in terms of adult looks, so just because his morph is "normal" doesn't mean he's not a unique looking snake.

I think over in Europe they use "Carolina" a lot rather than "normal" or "classic". This is what I've gathered at least. Also, if you google "carolina cornsnake" (in quotations) you'll find that most references to it are indeed from across the pond.

Parents or grandparents could've been Carolina collected. Perhaps the breeder thinks it's just a prettier way of saying normal or classic. Nothing to be upset about, normals are the most variant in terms of adult looks, so just because his morph is "normal" doesn't mean he's not a unique looking snake.

..And unique she is. You should se here in real life. She's a stunner and could not be happier with her, I hope her colours lasts :)

Normals do change a lot as they mature, just to warn you. She is a nice, very dark normal motley.

She is a normal motley. Just because someone bambozoled you into thinking she is something special does not make her anything other than a normal motley. Many stores and underhanded backyard sellers call their snakes something unique to raise the price and demand.
Enjoy your snake though. Normal motleys are beautiful and very lovely when they grow up. She/he will not keep that color, but will develope lovely oranges and yellows. :)

ah! I love normals. My little classic was my first snake, and out of my whole crew he's the one that...seems to be the least afraid/annoyed with me (I was going to write "likes me the most", but that just didn't seem right, lol).

Carolina does mean normal, but I think it's a bit young to be jumping the gun and calling it hypo (and wouldn't that be the opposite of high contrast anyway? Plus, I've never heard of a "high contrast" morph)

But I'm glad you love him! Get a friend's camera, and share some photos!

This is my normal motley its the hets that give them the diverse in color mine is het. caramel,lavendar, & ultra. And he's unique in my eyes but still a normal.

Attachments

• motley.jpg
    motley.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 23
Back