• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Finally got good spider pics!

EddieF

Got lucky with these, focus, flash, everything was just right!

PC110007.jpg

PC110005.jpg

It's a Nelson's Milkspider! Is it true that if they scratch off all the hair on their abdomen, they are...crabby?

It's a flame knee and a greenbottle blue. Or something, they are my wife's and I know nothing about them! Except that they do shoot hairs at you. I haven't quite gotten used to them. I've never touched them!

For being as beautifully marked and colored as they are, they're still big freaky spiders. x_x; And you can tell the flame knee has been rubbing hairs off his abdomen already, 'cause he's a bit bald on the rump, haha. :rofl:

If those tiny hairs get in your face, it's like fiberglass but ten times worse! Steer clear!

Both awesome spiders. But that Green Bottle Blue will grow up to be quite the stunner! Nice T's!

Nice pictures, makes me wish I never sold my GBB. What is that whitish stuff the flame knee is sitting on?

Nice pictures, makes me wish I never sold my GBB. What is that whitish stuff the flame knee is sitting on?

That's misleading, it's not white but the flash just reflected it funny. I think it's gray, but it's the underneath side of a foam type insert we got at a recent reptile show, it fits into the critter keeper and gives a little underground tunnel that's up against the front so you can see her when she's underground. If that makes sense. It's cool. Not that she's a tunneling spider, per se, but she likes to trap crickets down there and she spends a good amount of time there. My wife just lifted it up so I could get a picture and that's what you see there.

Back