• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Finally showing her off!

fxdwg

I got a snake mang!
This is our only (for now) snake. We've had her for four weeks. She is now almost seven weeks old. She's been eating great and just had her second shed (first with us). These are the first pictures I've taken (except for one the day we got her to get a length).

The first two photos were for use with the snake measurer program (thanks Serpwidgets). She is now about 15.5" and was about 13" four weeks ago. The second two were taken outside in natural lighting with no flash. I had a tough time getting a good macro shot but I posted the best one I could get.

I'm very pleased to have such a nice amel mot and wanted to share.

Mike

Attachments

• Sunny 1.jpg
    Sunny 1.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Sunny 2.jpg
    Sunny 2.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Sunny 3.jpg
    Sunny 3.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Sunny 4.jpg
    Sunny 4.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 126
diamondlil said:
She's lovely! a morse code snake :cool:
I never thought of that. Maybe that would make a good name. It took a long time to name her. The kids really wanted to name her something like "Orange Spotty". I think we may be settled on Sunny. Maybe Morse would make a good name. It's unique but I'm not sure if if fits for a female. :shrugs: Thanks for the compliment and possible name.

gwb8568 said:
very nice snake.........congrats. and yes, it is your first one for now. :cheers:
I'm trying to figure out what to get next but we're going to take it slow. Originally, I was going to wait two years before getting another. However, I'm starting to think it may be a lot quicker than that. I'm starting to understand how the "addiction" can take hold. I was at a show a few weeks ago and was very tempted to buy another but I resisted. I want to make sure everything is right with the first one.

Back