• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

FINALLY!!!!

ken347

Corn Addict In Training
So I finally picked up my snow corn com the petstore today and I'm so excited to finally have him home IV upgraded him from he ten gallon they had him in to a fifty five gallon that he is actually longer than. I'm actually not sure whether its a male or female yet he's trie biting twice but thats only cause he ate earlier today before I got him so i can't hold him for a few days but when i do I'll be sure to upload pictures. Also they gave me some substrate to put him on its bird and reptile litter its kiln dried wood fibers to me its like a darker sanichips I got a big bag for only eleven dollars I just wanna make sure its healthy so any opinions?

Can't take any yet since he just ate today I wanna give him forty eight hours to digest and get used to his cage. I found it funny since I couldn't buy a hide yet I gave him a box and I have a small little statue of like a tree or branches either way it has a little open area in the bottom he rather have only his neck and some of his body in the small area with nia head out than have the box to curl up in

Congrats on the new snakey. Mine love there cereal boxes more than the expensive hides so I have quit wasting money on those things. lol I just pile aspen on the boxes and no body knows but me and the snakes.

Can't take any yet since he just ate today I wanna give him forty eight hours to digest and get used to his cage. I found it funny since I couldn't buy a hide yet I gave him a box and I have a small little statue of like a tree or branches either way it has a little open area in the bottom he rather have only his neck and some of his body in the small area with nia head out than have the box to curl up in

My snakes are on the budget plan they have 3 inch pvc pipe hides. And the smaller snakes took my entire matching collection of cool whip bowls for hides lol

I figured he would love a box he's in it now only cause I tree touching him which leads me to my next question anybody got tips on handling? As soon as I touch him he flinches and runs Into the box

I figured he would love a box he's in it now only cause I tree touching him which leads me to my next question anybody got tips on handling? As soon as I touch him he flinches and runs Into the box

Just be patient and gentle with him, start out with shorter holding times and work up to longer. Most will calm down after a bit of adjustment and good handling.

Give him a few days to get use to his new house then you can hold him for short periods and once he knows you aren't going to hurt him he will comes around.

All ive done so far was gently touch his side I haven't even picked him up the owner of the pet store told me that he is nice when he wants to be but sometimes grumpy to where one time he did the tail rattle. Also the woman at the store had him eating every Tuesday and Friday should I switch it to a longer time? He just ate today

From the sound of it the snake is an adult. You can switch him to a large mouse every 7 to 10 days. Some on here like a longer schedule for adults but I like to keep mine within 10 days.

Its a little over 4 feet I'm guessing between two and three feet since she hasn't gotten thick yet

If he ate today, before you got him, it is very likely that he will regurgitate his meal from stress. I would NOT handle him for a week.

That's what I was worried about. That's why I've been trying to do the least amount of handling even when putting him in his cage I opened the bag and put the bag in the cage letting him come out on his own.

managed to get a few pics when he was patrolling the cage. after freaking me out I looked in the cage he was nowhere to be found once I opened his cage he poked just his head out from under the substrate.
IMG_20120321_112949.jpg

Sorry if some quality was lost

Back