• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Finally..

JeanH

My snake ate today. Its been since the 14th and I know that's not a super long time but it has felt like forever to me. I bought 2 fresh Pinkies, the store didn't have fresh fuzzy's. And she gobbled them up!! So there must be something wrong with that last batch of fuzzy's I bought. The other snake is eating them fine but she won't touch them. The next time I go to that store I'm going to ask them if they changed anything. It could just be that they were old. Who knows. I'm just happy that she ate.

Jean

Snakes can be amazingly picky. What works for a snake one day may not work the next, even if nothing has been changed. Glad she finally ate for you--I know the waiting is the worst.

That's great! One of my guys hasn't eaten since the 17th..I tried again this past Saturday but he was not interested. I will try again on Thursday....

I hope your guys eats this week!

I'm thinking there might be something wrong with those fuzzy's. I bought them from the same store twice, buying 10 at a time, they come in packs of 5. The first group the snakes ate fine. Well The last feeding I gave Ivan was from the old batch and he ate it with no problems. I offered storm one from the new group, which she wouldn't eat. And didn't touch the last two times I tried to give her one. On Saturday I just gave Ivan one from the new batch and he regurgitated Sunday night, I found it this morning. It could have been a little big, but I could swear it was the same size as the last two fuzzy's I gave him. I'm wondering if something is wrong with that batch of fuzzy's. Or did I move him up to fast? He was eating two pinkies for about 4 feedings. And had ate a fuzzy the last two feedings with no problems. Now since he regurgitated I don't plan on feeding for 7 days and when its time I'm going to give him a pinky to make sure he holds it down. I plan on buying another batch of fuzzy's for Storm, but I'm not sure if I should look for another supplier or try that store again? I'm also going to kick Ivan back to 2 pinkies for a while. I also plan on tossing those fuzzy's I would rather be save then sorry.

Jean

JeanH said:
I hope your guys eats this week!

Thanks Jean....

About an hour ago my snake was all over his viv...He looked really hungry so I popped a f/t pinky in some warm water and about 20 mins later I took him out and put him in his feeding container...I left him alone for about 15 mins and low and behold...it was gone....:D

It's amazing how picky they can be. I have a little girl who was a good but unenthusiastic eater when she was on pinks...now I've moved her up to fuzzies and she attacks and coils like lightning. It's great to hear your little one is eating again...sometimes they do that. My adult amel went 2 months without eating and it nearly gave me grey hair!!!

Back