• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First (and only) clutch of 2011

germantank22

Hi all,

Thanks for looking!

These are what has made it out so far from my anery mot het hypo stripe x ghost mot het stripe pairing.

My girl laid about 25 eggs. Right now I have 14 that are out of the egg and at least another 3 pipped.

Looks like a good mix of anery mots, ghost most and maybe a stripe or two in there?

Thanks for looking.

Jim

DSC_0335.jpg

Whats the one dead center of pic...dark in color very vivid white "stripe". i see 3 stripes....would that be an Anery Stripe?? or is that a motley that LOOKS like a stripe?

Whats the one dead center of pic...dark in color very vivid white "stripe". i see 3 stripes....would that be an Anery Stripe?? or is that a motley that LOOKS like a stripe?

Rich, to me it looks like a motley/stripe aka pinstripe or Q-tip.

Nice clutch.

Thanks for the comments all.

The one in the center has a change in pattern about halfway down the body, which is hidden by the picture. So yeah, "pinstripe" or whatever the trade name is!

Thanks for the support, hoping for a few more to make it out tonight!

Ok..thanks...I'll say it again...first yr breeding...still working out all the different morphs. and being able to visually ID them. thanks for the input guys.

wow i didn't realize the ghosts would be so light...is that typical for there to be such a huge differenece between the aneries and ghosts, or are these more extreme than usual? also, i see the 2 stripes mentioned, but what about the anery stretched out along the bottom of the pic, with the bowties on it's second half. is that a motley variation, or a cubing/stripe variation?

Again, thanks for all the comments! Let's hope most of them feel like eating.

wow i didn't realize the ghosts would be so light...is that typical for there to be such a huge differenece between the aneries and ghosts, or are these more extreme than usual? also, i see the 2 stripes mentioned, but what about the anery stretched out along the bottom of the pic, with the bowties on it's second half. is that a motley variation, or a cubing/stripe variation?

I thought the same thing about the lightness. Also, it looked like a few of the ghosts had red eyes, which I wasn't expecting... I want to keep an eye on that, but it is my understanding that ghosts don't have red pupils. Maybe someone can comment on this.

As far as the bowties snake, I assume that it just a motley variation but perhaps has some influence from a stripe allele? I am a little worried about that one as it looks a little thicker in the back half than I would like.

But, same with Rich above, this is my first year breeding. I feel like I understand the genetics pretty well, but some of these are turning out way different than I expected.

thanks again for all of the comments

any chance that both of them being het Ultra/Ultramel?? is it red?? like an amel or Ruby? again..just guessing.

any chance that both of them being het Ultra/Ultramel?? is it red?? like an amel or Ruby? again..just guessing.

I had the same thought, that maybe they were het amel? I mean it's definitely possible that they had unknown hets. I'll try and get a picture of an eye so that maybe others can chime in.

but what about the anery stretched out along the bottom of the pic, with the bowties on it's second half. is that a motley variation, or a cubing/stripe variation?

Hmmm ... Good catch ... it is possible that it is a Stripe with cube effect. Would like to see a better photo, of it, before I would commit 100% to that.;)

Also, it looked like a few of the ghosts had red eyes, which I wasn't expecting

I don't see red eyes but, then again, the photo is not close up.:shrugs:
Are they, actually, all red?
You may just be seeing a ruby flash of the pupils ... some Ghosts do/can have ruby pupils.

I'll get some better pics up as soon as I separate them out!

As far as the red pupil's go, maybe it is my mind playing tricks on me. They look red under direct light but when I snapped a quick picture they didn't seem red.

Thanks for the advice!

Back