• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First clutch just come out

rastasheep

i have 2 corns, one green spotted snow and one carolina corn (normal one i think). I thought they where both males untill a couple of nights ago when my snake started to lay eggs!
there are 12 in total she is not even 2yrs old yet. is this a bad thing?. all the eggs look like they are good eggs as they are all white dry and not dented, when they came out anyways.

I have now put them in vermiculite and have got them above a heatmat, the temp is about 82 degrees, this is ok i think, if i have read correct anyways. but today i have noticed that the eggs are gettingdimpled, so i have lightly sprayed them with warm water, this is correct right?

I tried to feed her today but she doesn't want to eat. how can i encourage her to eat. she is moving really slowly. and hasn't eaten for 7 weeks! She is looking really skinny now. Is it likely she will have a second clutch? do they usually?

I ahve put a pic attached to this to show you what the eggs looked like. sorry bout the blurrey but had to put my camera on manual so it didn't flash.

if any of the eggs survive do what will they look like? will they be brown like the normal corn or pink like the snow?

cheers for any help
rus

Attachments

• snakeeggs4 copy.jpg
    snakeeggs4 copy.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 178
oh dear forgot summin

the two snakes are still together shall i try and seperate them then? incase they try to do the business again? they have lived in the same viv for about 20months now, i thought they where both males so didnt take any notice of what was going on.

I had them probed by the shop i got them from aswell just before i bought them but i read it is pretty hard to tell the difference between males and females.

once and if the eggs hatch what do i do with the babies? sell them on? give them to a shop. and how often will i have eggs being laid? once a year? or isit usually twice?]

thanks for your help agains

russ :cool:

If you don't want more eggs, seperate them -now-, they can mate again and the female could lay a second clutch...if the first wore her out, the 2nd could be dangerous.

thanks for the advice

i'll seperate them i think, i don't want her to get anything wrong with her.

i thought i would post the pics of my incubator thing. you think it looks ok?

it seems to be alright temps are about 81

tell me of any improvements at all.

also after 3 days my eggs are dimpleing! and it is fairly wet in there will they puff up again?

oh yea and do u have to know html to be able to put more than one pic on a post?

Attachments

• inc2.jpg
    inc2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 149
inside the incubator

oh yea, ognore what i wrote on the box, i was gonna plan on putting my mice in here to defrost, but instead i used it for the incubation bit

Attachments

• inside inc.jpg
    inside inc.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 146
here are my eggs

a lil bit blurrey coz i don't think my camera like up close pics. i need photography lessons;)

Attachments

• eggsblur2.jpg
    eggsblur2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 142
Your eggs are dimpling because they don't have a high enough humidity level. What I would so is make certain that your incubation medium (vermiculite or whatever) is moist, but not sopping wet, then place a damp paper towel over the eggs in the box. The pt helps keep the moisture in the box by reducing evaporation, it also acts as a very cheap hygromter (when the towel dries out, it's time to mist!). Also, if you spray the eggs directly, you increase the chances for mold to occur. So, just spray the towel over the eggs until it's damp again.

By the way, there are several of us that would be willing to buy the whole clutch from you and pay the shipping, if you are interested. You can email me if you are! :D

Hope this helps a bit.

:cool:

oh i see!!!

oh right cheers alot for that.
i'll do that

oh and another lil uick question, it says keep a steady temperature
how steady is steady?
how many degree should it fluxuate?
my thermostat heats them up to about 83 then drops to about 78 then come backs on.

is that ok?

shipping to usa from uk?
would they survive?

cheers for your help

Uhmmmm . . .

Let me reconsider my offer to buy the babies and pay for the shipping, now that I actually look to see where you are, and say . . .No! LOL

Sorry, I should have seen that you were in the UK before offering to buy the babies from you. Obviously, the cost effectiveness would be prohibitive in such a case for a clutch of normal hatchlings, but they would probably do quite nicely on their great adventure!

As for the fluctuation you're seeing in temps, I would say that you are within the normal parameters, perhaps a bit on the low side. However, it is better to be too low than too hot, in my opinion. It may take a few more days for them to hatch, but they should be fine nonetheless.

Have fun with them! ;)

oh alright then
yea thats cool
i have put the thermostat up slightly more
so its hitting about 84 and going down to 79
is that better?

thanks alot for the help mate!

you got any idea what the hatchlings will look like?

the parents are
a green spotted snow and a normal carolina corn?

anyone got any ideas?

thanks for yor help!

Assuming your normal corn is neither het for amel nor anery, your hatchlings should all be normally colored (possibly looking more like the Carolina type than not) and be het for anery and amel.

Good luck with them!

green spot snow!

the parents are
a green spotted snow and a normal carolina corn?!

ohhh if you can, could you please show me some pics of your green spotted snow? ive been looking everywhere and posting threads on here about my snow that now has green saddles, trying to find out of she could actually be considered a green spotted snow or not. the pics are just for my own curiousity. i cant seem to find many pics online of them =\. it would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Back