• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First ever Pippies! Anything good?

CornBoy

Wahoo! :D
16 of the 19 have hatched, still waiting on 3 eggs.
Sorry for the bad pictures...
Well, from above, all the babies look completely normal, I wasn't expecting more, but from below, I see there ARE differences! Daddy has split belly checkers and is het for bloodred. Mamma is a nice normal, unknown hets. Can anyone tell me what I can deduce from this picture about the mother's hets ?? And, does anything look promising so far? What's with the rosy colored bellies?
Thanks!
Rob

Attachments

• IMG_0218.JPG
    IMG_0218.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    281.1 KB · Views: 103
Very cute! The only thing you can say is they are normals possibly het bloodred. I hear split checks could be a sign they are het blood. But it's not 100% guarantee.
Congrats on the babies :)
The Mom and Dad could have other hidden hets, but looks like nothing was matched up. You could try to breed her to a snow next time, seems like being het anery and amel is very common.

Very cute! The only thing you can say is they are normals possibly het bloodred. I hear split checks could be a sign they are het blood. But it's not 100% guarantee.
Congrats on the babies :)
The Mom and Dad could have other hidden hets, but looks like nothing was matched up. You could try to breed her to a snow next time, seems like being het anery and amel is very common.

Thanks! Yes, I heard about split belly trait being marker for het for blood too. Seems like split belly can pass from one parent alone then?

Don't have a snow, but I do have a butter...

Umm...are they all healthy? That's always good!

LOL! Thanks, yes, all healthy - all beautiful!! :)
I have them in a 10G nursery for now. They are starting to go blue...
I will be setting them up in individual bins this weekend.

Thanks! Yes, I heard about split belly trait being marker for het for blood too. Seems like split belly can pass from one parent alone then?

Don't have a snow, but I do have a butter...

Yes they can get a split belly pattern from just one parent. With Dad being het blood they had a 50/50 chance for being het them self's. If they are het they have a chance at getting a split belly pattern. I actually have a male het blood that does not have a split belly pattern but he sure does pass it on to his kids.

I see mostly normal belly pattersn, including the extra color on some (it can be normal). One might have a split belly pattern, but whether it's due to being het diffuse or not, you'll only know for sure when it's bred to a known het or homo diffuse.

With Dad being het blood they had a 50/50 chance for being het them self's. If they are het they have a chance at getting a split belly pattern. I actually have a male het blood that does not have a split belly pattern but he sure does pass it on to his kids.

Cool!
So is there any certainty about those hatchlings WITH split belly pattern that they ARE het for Bloodred?
Thanks!

Back