• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

first feed

anny

A few questions (I just did my first feed):

How long does it normally take a snake to swallow it's food, to the point where it can close its mouth? (I think Ebba took a while because she swallowed it backwards; my fault, I didn't know I should face the mouse forward until after I fed her.)

After feeding, I looked at Ebba ten minutes later while she was cruising, but she didn't seem to have a lump like I thought there'd be. It was a small fuzzy though...
Should I check her hide to see if she regurged or should I just let her rest in peace and assume that it was just too small? I don't want to move her out of her hide and stress her, with the possibility that she didn't regurge.

give her a few hours peace - check it tomorrow

The time it takes them to eat depends entirely on the size of the mouse, and on the snake. I have one girl that seems to only want to eat mice backwards. It doesn't matter which way I present them to her. She waits until I've stopped the wiggling parade, then goes around it until she is sure which end is which,
then proceeds to eat it from the back. She takes a while, but has never failed to eat one.

Skye

Back