• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First feeding problem

KaspR

Hey guys this was my third feeding and he took it fine yesterday afternoon, this morning about 12 hours later i saw he had regurgitated it. There was the mouse as well as this whitish yellow thing that was the shape of the tip of the snakes tail, I'm not sure what that could have been.

I'm not sure why he regurgitated either, the temps look fine i haven't even gone near the cage in the past 12 hours and only did today to check the temps.

Should I be concerned? I know usually regur is do to something with their living conditions usually but I can't see anything wrong with the set up.

How long until I try feeding him again?

thanks guys

found the problem i think

my thermometre seems to be broken. I stuck in an analog one one and it was showing only 80 on the warm side and 74 on the cool. I hope that this was the problem.

What should I watch for to ensure he did not get any internal damage from this. and how long till i should try feeding again?

I had an unexplained regurge a several weeks back, too, Adam. I agonized over what might have been the problem until a much more experienced herper (whose first initial is Kathy :grin01: ) told me sometimes it happens and you never figure out why.

Use the links Lenny provided to get Kathy's advice and go from there.

(btw, my unexplained regurge is right back on track with her eating now.)

Good Luck! :)

heya

yeah maybe you should go down a food size, try feeding your snake a week after your last attempt, if after a few weeks your snake is still having eating problems then try getting hold of a reptile vet,

Maybe a dumb question, but are you sure it was a regurge? The whitish yellow thing makes it would like it was just poop. Sometimes they don't digest all of the hair and it looks pretty gross. We had a customer tell us that one of our snakes regurged, we went back there and it was just poop. Just a thought!

Colleen360 said:
Maybe a dumb question, but are you sure it was a regurge? The whitish yellow thing makes it would like it was just poop. Sometimes they don't digest all of the hair and it looks pretty gross. We had a customer tell us that one of our snakes regurged, we went back there and it was just poop. Just a thought!

well that whish goo was sitting beside the regurgitated pinky. I am only feeding him day old pinkies so I don't think the food size is the problem. However since i don't want a second instance of this I will follow Kathy's advice, feed him again in 8 days and only half a pinkie. do the same thing again in 8-10 days then start back on full pinkies if no reocurrances.

I also went out and got a new digital thermometre because the other one wasn't giving accurate readings.

The probe is suppsoed to go just below the substrate correct?

Back