• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First feeding!

jaric

Well I am not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but sunday I became a corn snake owner! I was told I purchased a 4-5 month old creamsicle corn (female).

Well after taking Smaug (her name) home and allowing her a day to get used to her new home Last night I went out to the pet store, bought some "mousecicles" and thawed one out and attempted my first feeding.

I put the pinky in the plastic container I brought her home in, picked her up and put her in there with the mouse, shut the lid and tried my best not to hover while eagerly hoping that she would feed.

Well after 2 failed attempts at grabbing the mouse, (one of which she tried to have a go at her midsection, it was so cute.) Smaug took the pinky and ate with no problems. Afterwords she slithered out of the tub and retreated back under a tree cave in the warm side to enjoy her first meal

Words cannot express how relieved I was that I do not appear to have a problem feeder.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice I have gotten here the past month or so while trying to have the best suitable habitat for my new friend, and wanted to share with everyone that it paid off.

As soon as I can get my digital camera working (and leave her a little more time to get used to me and her home) Ill post some pictures for everyone.

Congratulations!!!!
Isn't that a great feeling when they feed for the first time in their new home! :crazy02: It confirms that you have done a great job of making the newest member of your family feel safe and secure enough to "do what they do"
Looking forward to some pics soon!

I know the feeling! My new one just fed for the first time with me about 10mins ago! Its a great relief! Glad your enjoying your new addition!

Back