• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

first feeding

vague123

so... i fed my snow today, she (i think its a she... im gonna get it probed eventually), was apparently eating 'small' pinkies when i got her, she downed 2 and doesnt have a noticable lump... thinking next feeding to bump her up to a normal... or at least larger then these ones, pinky... y/n? im feeding F/T cause from what ive read its the safest...

anywhoo, she down ther first one, as soon as it was presented. and the second one just as fast, about 10 minutes after...

Hi there, I'm new to snakes (just got my first two corns) and today is their first feeding with me...yoiks! I hope it all goes ok.

So my advice is only what I've deduced and read from here. If your snake is eating 2 pinks with no trouble and there's no visible 'bumps' withing 24/48 hours then you could try her with a fuzzy (which is the next size up) next feed. I think this is correct but others may put me right on this.

I was told one of my corns was eating fuzzies (from the breeder I got him from) but I'm trying 2 pinks to be on the safe side because this breeder actually told me other stuff which I later found out to be a load of b**l.

Snows are beautiful. My two are a Carolina corn and an Anery Strip (lavender). would love to see a pic of yours.

gigergal

It could be your baby might be ready for a larger pink, not quite a fuzzy. I know both mine went from very small pinks to larger/pre fuzzy pinks . 1 now eats fuzzies and the other is on the larger pinks. Just keep an eye on the belly to see if the bulge disappears within 24 hours. If so then yes, bump it up the next size. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Back