• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First feeding?

amanda007

Read, read, read!
My new corn has been in his viv for 5 days now, and I was planning on trying to feed him a pinkie either tonight or tomorrow. Any tips or suggestions?

As I understand it, I basically thaw the pinkie, put Chauncey in his feeding box with the pinkie, then close the lid and leave him alone.

I was told he was a good eater, so I hope I don't run in to any problems. :)

The reason for the slits is to aid digestion and also makes the pinkie smell more. As soon as that pink is in her, you want her back into her viv so don't leave her alone /too/ long without looking :) Also, make sure the pinkie is 100% thawed!

yes you need to more than "thaw" the pink, i dunk mine in hot water first. it really gets the scent going and makes the illusion of body heat that a live pink would have. I don't always slit my pinks, but as well as the reasons Stars mentioned, for small snakes it can help them swallow the pink easier. My little bitty king always gets holes poked in her pinks so she can crush it more easily and swallow it. Hmm gross sounding =) Good luck there's really not much to feeding especially if you have an established eater!

It went fabulously!

I slit the back once really well, stuck her in the tub with it and closed the lid. She took less than a minute to start sniffing it and checking it out, and then proceeded to try and eat it sideways :laugh:

I'm so happy she seems to be such a ravenous eater!

great! it's always relieving to know you've got a solid eater!! congrats, can't wait to see pictures =)

Back