• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First handling

Bree

I handled my baby, and first, snake "for fun" for the first time tonight. It was hard to wait so long for her to settle in and get some meals in her, but when it was finally time I was a little worried that I might mess up somehow and traumatize her for life or something, haha. Luckily for both of us, Miss Bunny was very calm and personable. She ambled about in my hands, being cute, with her little tongue going a mile a minute. She was very interested in my face, and stretched way out to get to it and flicked her tongue all over my cheek and eyelid. I'm choosing to think that it means she likes me (or, at least, is not completely terrified of me), rather than just assessing my suitability as a meal. ;)

Just thought I'd share. Well, it was exciting to me, anyways, lol.

Congrats! It's always fun to handle new babies, I am still surprised how calm my jungle corn is when I pick her up. She is a sweetie too, and her tongue is so cute, it's black and yellow like she is, wish I could get a pic of it lol

I am now in the process of waiting and it SUCKS, lol
I can't wait until I can get to the point of handling my baby,

Congrats! It's always fun to handle new babies, I am still surprised how calm my jungle corn is when I pick her up. She is a sweetie too, and her tongue is so cute, it's black and yellow like she is, wish I could get a pic of it lol

Thanks!

I didn't know their tongues could be color coordinated with their markings! That sounds so cute. I hope you can get a pic of it sometime.

I am now in the process of waiting and it SUCKS, lol
I can't wait until I can get to the point of handling my baby,

I know how you feel. Hope it goes by faster for you!

As most here know, I go against the grain on several schools of thought.

I handle my snakes the day I get them and whenever I want after that, except for 24 to 48 hrs after feeding.

I have never given my snakes weeks to settle in. And I have never had a problem.

Now, I am not saying anyone is wrong for NOT handling for a week or so after they acquire a snake... I just choose to handle them when I want to.

Back