• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First snake, and sadly, not mine

Genlisae

:wavey:

My daughter was recently gifted a baby (8-12 weeks old is the best guess anyone can make) corn. I am not usually a proponent of gifting animals (really, they make terrible gifts) except she has been asking for a snake since before she first asked for a puppy for her second birthday. She is 13 now and the snake still popped up in wish lists.

Since his (again a best guess) arrival she has been researching and reading everything she could, as have I, and thus I found my way here.

So, hello! Glad to be here and to have learned so much. I apologize in advance for any and all typos and oddly worded sentences leading to confusion. I have Chiari Malformation and some days my hands just don't work and neither does my brain. Extra clarification may also be required some days, speaking of, I am now off to the husbandry forum to get our check-list double checked and make sure we are not missing anything.

Welcome! It's great to see parents support and encourage their children how to properly care for animals!

Please post pictures of her new snake when you can, and feel free to ask questions. We're happy to help if you cannot find the answer you need.

Welcome to the forum! There is lots of good info here, including the stickies at the top of each sub-forum.

Welcome! I also have a daughter who had been asking for a snake for a while. She only made it to her 11th birthday though. I have to say that although it was definitely completely her idea, I've enjoyed having him too. Cornsnakes are pretty neat pets! Glad you found this site. It is extremely helpful!

:D The persistence pays off for them doesn't it? Of course it is entirely possible my daughter's mother is incredibly jealous of her snake and may have to remedy what is an obvious over-site on the pet front.

Back