• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

first snake

jjbull

hi all i recently got my first snake a classic corn which really got me hooked and so about a month later decided on getting another one bought one labeled as a black corn ? but am not sure if its an anery or a ghost.
the classic feeds great even when deep in blue and is really placid to handle not jumpy in the slightest but the new one is testing me a bit bit jumpy when you handle him/her but does calm down after a couple of minutes first feed went fine not as good as a response as the classic but took 2 pinks eventually second feed was today and couldnt get him /her to take either pinky so i left them in with him with the light off and when i checked back one has gone so its releived my stress a bit.
they came from different shops could the different feeding and handling responses come from different husbandry and feeding techniques , they are both about 5 moinths old and on the feeding record i got with the latest corn it missed a feed and regurged a week later but this is when it was shedding, is it alright to leave a humid hide in permanantly as it does seem to spend a lot of time in there anyway thanks for listening and thanks in advance for any help i get heres some pics ( they arent easy to photograph are they)

photos in the the photo section

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about your new corn snake being jumpy to handle. As you probably know, corns need time to get used to us but so long as you handle him/her regularily he'll soon settle down.

Since they came from different shops, he was probably just handled less in the shop than your classic corn was.

Good luck :)

thanks for putting my mind at rest is it alright that they like spending there time in the humid hides wont do them any harm will it

No, it shouldn't do any harm, although if they spend a lot of time in there you might like to consider the humidity in your vivarium as a whole. Could be the humidity is a little too low, but not neccessarily.

A humid hide box isn't neccessary, only recommended for a snake having trouble shedding. Nobody I know uses them for their snakes.

Do they have normal hides as well? If you only have humid hides, then chances are the snakes aren't in there for the humidity, they're just in there because it's somewhere to hide.

yes they have several toilet role tubes as hides and they are only in small tupperware like containers so wouldnt thought humidity would be a problem the humid hides are more enclosed so maybe they just feel safer in there

nice one!! i take it you shopped at coast2coast??

i think there expensive there mind you...we have a nice one called pet mania but its the only one i know of in the northeast

i got my classic from pet mania thats the one at billingham isnt it, there is another opened up in billingham but i got my ghost from coast 2 coast prices for snakes isnt to bad but equipment is they are very helpful though

have messenger but not setup the woman who has opened up the new place used to work at billingham aquatics think its called petropolis dont know billingham very well so bit hard to describe where it is, there is a small car park surrounded by a few shops a butchers and a pub the new place its just there, just did a search and got the address, the address is

unit 7,
16 clifton avenue
Billingham
ts22 5de

Back