• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Flashing Lights and Loud Noises

Ocelot

I am wondering, do corn snakes mind loud noises or flashing lights? The reason I am asking is because I see a lot of you with photos of your snakes. Do you use flash when taking those photos and does it bother your snake? And regarding loud noises, do they mind them? I mean currently my snake is kept on the floor as my house is being renovated and there are people walking and music being played. Would this affect him?

Thanks. ;)

MY thoughts are...

Though they do not have great vision, they can see and they feel the vibrations of sound, so its quite possible that being on the floor of a highly trafficed area with music playing close by could cause some stress. How old is the snake? Most are of course more accustomed to dealing with these types of things as they get older. If you notice the snakes normal behavior changing such as hiding more than usual, or paciing or not eating, I would move it somewhere more private.

Congrats on having your house redone! :cheers:

Dawn

oh and is for the flash of my camera :crazy02:

Once the camera flashes , the snake does often retract or move some so I imagine he is aware of the light change. None of them show any stress from the camera though..heck..some of them seem to even pose for it! :rolleyes:

Flashes don't seem to bother my snake, WHen I handle him in the living room he will sit still and watch the TV with us, though his vision isn't great, he must be mesermised to see this panel of constantly changing colours :)

Constant flashes would bother you or me, so I wouldn't think the snake likes flashes.
As for the Viv being on the floor, your snake is picking up all the vibration from the renovation, walking, hammering, things being dragged around. So if you could move him somewhere less stressful the better.

Good Luck :cheers:

My snake never freaks out.........

Well my corn never reacts to the flash of the camera. We keep the flash on and he never jumps when he hears a loud noise. I geuss he concidered weird?????!!!!!!! :shrugs: :sidestep:

Back