• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

food question

serpentina

What the deuce???
Last night I fed my snake a fuzzy for the first time because he was eating pinkies and there wasn't really any visible bump. He got it down and it seemed to take a long time. I think I may have been on the large size for what is recommended. So far, no regurge. I do have a temp. gradient in the viv and he seems fine but, I'm wondering if I should bump him down to two pinks instead (even if there is no regurge) because I can't get peach fuzzies where I live. It was pretty cool to see him constrict the prey for the first time though. :grin01: Anyway, what do you think I should do. I'll feed him in about 5 more days.

It can sometimes take a long time for a snake to tackle a larger prey size; imagining trying to get your jaws round it! :)

If he doesn't regurge, I'd say keep him on fuzzies.

agreed! fuzzies... you can wait 6-7 days on the first one or two just to ease your nerves... I usually wait an extra day or two when bumping up a size or after a larger than normal prey item.

Thanks for the quick responses. I was thinking the same things but, wanted some more opinions. I love this site! Thanks again and I will wait a few more days before I feed again (probably 7) for the next few feedings.

Back