• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Food supply problems

CJzinSpain

Cjz Tatoo
Hi, I recently got my corn snake (Sliver), just for your info I think its a Ghost Corn, anyways I live in Spain and it is hard enough to find pet shops that sell reptiles let alone the food. Sliver is about 6 months old and I can´t find pinkies, the usual pet shop is out of stock and I am waiting fo them to get more, but the guy in the shop gave me these little ugly cricket things which is wot I used to feed to my lizard years back, can Corn snakes eat these? I dont really want him to eat these in case he gets used to them then doesnt accept the mice when i get hold of them, but also dont want it to starve, I want it to grow good and healthy. Anyone got any suggestions? An idea is to buy mice and breed them but will take a while to create offspring (and also I heard its not the best idea unless you feed them the proper nutrients and food, so in effect I would then have to go searching for a place to sell better nutritional food for mice, the searching never ends in spain) So any advice? Do i start breeding or do I give it a couple crickets then mice when i can get them.

Might be hard getting them to ship frozen mice to Spain, though...

You could always buy the smallest mouse you can find and feed a "PORTION" of it to the snake...or try a large mouse tail. Ask the local shop if they can get frozen mice...and have them order you some in quantity.

at six months ur snake chould be able to handle bigger food than pinkies. if you could get fussies or rat pupps, go for it.

pinkies?

I recon my corn is about 6 months old, but not 100% sure, its abour 14 inches long and about the girth of a cigarette or maybe slightly bigger. I n=am not sure that it is ready for furries, besides, neither pet shop that are local to me have either pinkies or furriees, But I called the pet shop today and they said they might have frozen pinkies in tommorrow which is basically wot i am looking for. I am thinking about breeding mice bcus I dont really want this problem again in the future. Anyone pass on some advice about breeding mice? Thanks guys.

CJ, their was an answer to your question (which you've read already) about breeding mice for a single snake. If you have an individual or two that would be interested in purchasing your surplus every month, you shouldn't have a problem.

A 6 month old snake really should be on fuzzies. How long in between feedings for your snake? A hatchling should be every 5 days. If you aren't feeding this way, that might be why he isn't growing as much as he should.

Back