• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

force feeding

luciano

when force feeding (if necessary), what can i lubricate the food with, imean what is best? Water or Egg?
Thanx

I've heard of both being used. I don't know if there would be an issue of possible salmonella from a contaminated egg though.

I forget what the process is called for eggs. pasteurization is it? But you can get eggs that they have virtualy eliminated the risk of dangerous bacteria.

hey jason pasteurization is the process of eliminating bacteria through the use of high heat. I am no expert in eggs but if you were to expose them to high heat for 15 to 30 seconds you might have a partially cooked egg. I highly doubt that is the sterilization process for eggs.

Force feeding??

why dont you try to brain a pinkey, this might trigger appitite? :eatpointe

I've used vegetable oil or water on mouse tail pieces. This should be a last resort. When ever I have a hatchling that doesn't want to eat I use the following, in order. Live pinkie, lizard sented live pinkie, Brained pinkie, pinkie head, pinkie sented with chicken broth, live anole, force feed 1/2 inch piece of mouse tail. I always feed problem feeders at night in a deli cup in the dark.

Back