• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Former collector back at it again finally.

atrox

Hi all. Wow. It's been a long time. FWIW, my name is Brian.

In the early 90's, when i lived in Daytona, FL, I was an avid collector of all things herp. I worked at a reptile store, trained for my venomous license and kept about 50 or 60 critters of all types (snakes, frogs, lizards). Unfortunately, I had to move back to NY in '94 and had to sell off my venomous collection before that and once here, i found that food was expensive and scarce up here. Frustrated, I sold everything (was a teen and very broke.. and stupid) and concentrated on other things for a while. That said, of all things i had, I always missed my corn snakes the most. I just loved everything about them. They are truly the best natured and prettiest snakes around IMO.

A lot of things have changed in the world of Corn snakes after almost 20 years since I was into snakes. Their latin name has changed and there are 150 morphs. When i was collecting Amels, snows and Anerythristic were all fairly new and about it. I bred Okeetee's and Amels at the time, but kept a snow too.

I ran into a local guy who breeds a ton of different Corn's and I picked up a 2 year old male Blood Red Corn. He is getting ready to shed, so he is dull and snippy, but he will be a great snake and I'm really excited. I hope I don't go overboard again and end up with a household of reptiles... worse things have happened though ;)

cornshed.jpg

Yeah, I need to get my boys up and take some photos this morning. Hopefully Zeus is done shedding.

Wow. That is a beautiful bloodred.
Welcome back to the hobby. Stay away from the classifieds section- or soon you will end up with one of each morph!

Thats a really nice snake, cool pics too. My snake has just shed and much more bright and colourful. :)

Back