• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

foster iggy died

cornspot

I see spots!
Took a foster from the local SPCA. they called me one Friday to say they didn't think she was doing very well. I told them I would come get her on Tuesday (my next day off). Saturday they called to say she was laying eggs. Great. I will come get her on tuesday. Well I get there tuesday & am told she's been having tremors. We gave her a little calcium but then read where it could be B1 deficiency so now we are giving her B1 supplements. Oh & she's not eating.

When I saw her a bit over a month ago she was all spit & vinegar. But tuesday I was able to get her out of her cage with no trouble. I get her home & realize that she not only has tetany in both forelimbs but is partially paralysed and extremely dehydrated with saliva as thick as honey. The shelter was unwilling to pay for vet care, so I bought some calcium glubionate and syringe fed her that and pedialyte. I thought she was getting a little stronger and on saturday, i was able to get some urates out of her by massage and sunday she passed some on her own. But then later sunday she had some whole-body contractions. I figured I'd have her PTS this tuesday but I found her dead this morning. This is the 2nd iggy they have killed.

I am going later this week to collect the 3 leos, water dragon and anole they have there before they suffer the same fate.
:flames: :realhot:

Back