• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Found him after 2weeks.

Navbouy24

My hatchling was missing for two weeks,no food or water,and a very cold flat.
He was curled up in plug socket,it was only the cat sitting by the socket that made me look.
Very glad to have him back,given him a pinky,and fresh water,he struck and fed really quickly so fingers crossed he will be fine,.
Note to self,check viv every night.

Yay!!
So happy for you.

I'm sure your little guy will be fine. They can take a lot.

I'm glad your cat helped you out. My cat has done that as well!

Very Glad for You

As I am presently awaiting the return of my yearling corn snake named Fire, I can empathize with you.

Our cat has yet to do anything which might resemble helping us find Fire. At least if he has done anything to help us, we have not yet noticed.

Best wishes with your slithering pal,

~ Allen

As I am presently awaiting the return of my yearling corn snake named Fire, I can empathize with you.

Our cat has yet to do anything which might resemble helping us find Fire. At least if he has done anything to help us, we have not yet noticed.

Best wishes with your slithering pal,

~ Allen

Hi Allen,yes sure is a worry,hope you find fire soon,as for the cat mine was just sat there looking confused at the plug socket,as I say good luck with fire,tell us when he comes home, fingers crossed.

Great to hear! I do put water bowls out on the floor when a snake is missing in the house, next time you might do that was well. But of course we all hope there won't be a next time!

I always hope that there won't be a next time... but there always is.

Luckily, I just found an escapee.... after 2-3 weeks!
I'm glad... even though she isn't. She is now trying to escape every chance she gets. Even though I found her cold and skinny... you think that she would be glad to be found.

She bites like a wild thing now... but I bet she secretly loves getting regular meals.

still searching for mine

glad to read another missing snake has been found. Ours is still in hiding somewhere. Too bad we can't just play loud music and drive him out from where ever he is hidden. :-(

Where did you find your pet (the one who now likes to bite) ?

~ Allen

I had a corn go missing once. I looked all over. Didn't find him. 1 month later I opened a junk drawer and there he was curled up and cozy. I then named him Dingus haha

glad to read another missing snake has been found. Ours is still in hiding somewhere. Too bad we can't just play loud music and drive him out from where ever he is hidden. :-(

Where did you find your pet (the one who now likes to bite) ?

~ Allen

Allen,

My cat found the snake behind the racks, up against the wall.

They like it against the wall.

HOWEVER...
As a breeder, I have lost multiple snakes... and I have to say that you can never guess where you will find a snake.

I found a baby UPSTAIRS, in the pantry.

That means the baby went up the stairs, down the hallway, through the livingroom, through the kitchen, into the closed pantry... in a matter of HOURS.

I have also found a snake on the shelf behind their home, in an empty box.

I have found a snake on the chair rail of a room. How they managed to get up there or balance up there, I have no idea.

I have found a snake in a closet, in an empty camera case.

It is completely random.

I have not had any luck with snake traps, spreading flour on the floor, leaving live mice for the snake to come to...

I have found most of my snakes because my cat alerts me to their presence.

Others are just because I keep an eye out.

I think I've lost about 10 snakes, found about half of them. I have 130 about.... so that gives an idea that the more snakes you have, the more likely you are to lose them.

Tips: always make sure that holes and gaps are less than half the size of your snake. You might THINK that they can't fit through that hole or gap, but they WILL. It is AMAZING what snakes can fit through. Especially little babies.

Keep those lids on TIGHT. Snakes are solid muscle. They WILL force that lid off. Promise.

And that is my advice based on my experience based on 100+ snakes.

I'm happy for you!
I'm still waiting to find one of my hatchies... missing since October,,,

Back