• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Found on craigslist... help with ID?

dan803

Born this way
An ad caught my eye today for two yearlings, one "albino" and one "brown."
Includes a 20 long, lights, bedding, etc. all for $40. Can't pass it up. The albino is a snow, yes? Can't tell what the brown snake is. Oh, a ghost perhaps? Let me know what you think.

They are living together in the 20 long and "get along." Typical craigslist.

But these are the pictures he sent:

IMG_20110330_200159.jpg

IMG_20110330_200141.jpg

IMG_20110330_195056.jpg

IMG_20110330_195033.jpg

IMG_20110330_194812.jpg

I am saying snow and Anery B. Possibly Anery A, but I don't see any yellow. Maybe ghost. Need better lighting for the pics.

I think Anery, both my ghost and anery have yellow on them, but I've read that can be affected by what they eat.

Also dan, be sure to ask all sorts of questions from craigslist people. There have been numerous snakes I would have liked but they had been fed live and I'm not willing to feed live so I didn't get them. Ask where, when they got them, why they are looking to re-home them any health issues they have seen etc. If they "get along" they are probably they same gender.

Snow and anery. Just because you cant see the yellow, doesnt mean it isnt there (bad pics). Also, I had an anery A with no yellow, at all. On the flipside, Ive seen charcoals (anery B) with yellow. It could be a ghost but only breeding trials will really tell for sure.

It doesnt really matter anyway, I hope you get to rescue them!

the last picture looks almost identical to my ghost. though its a bit blurry. there are pics on my profile if that helps, his name is lars. and i also have a snow =]

If you but those please remember to isolate them from you other snakes for a few months, you don't want all your snakes to get sick.

I think it's a ghost. Can't you tell by looking at the belly checkers? Ghosts are just hypo anerys. They are both on f/t according to this person. He is a college kid. Doesn't have time for them anymore. He seems okay other then the cohabbing.

Belly checks are not always obvious on ghosts via anerys. But go ahead and label as such because until breeding trials you probably wont know for sure. Do you know where college kid got his snakes? If it was a petshop, it could have been mislabeled a ghost.

I had a ghost with really dark colors and dark belly checks but she was a proven ghost. I will post a pic when I get back home.

How do you prove a ghost? I'm sure he did get them at a pet store. Around here they don't label them, they just throw them all in one thing together.

Heres a picture of a dark ghost.

GH012f.jpg

DSCN0110.jpg

And a picture of a more typical ghost.

DSCN7523.jpg

And an anery I hatched out a couple seasons ago.

DSCN6322F.jpg

Back