• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Freezing

Jay633

When you breed mice and decide to freeze them, do you kill em by banging it onto the wall, then freeze them? or how does this work??

The best way is to gas the mice. However spinal seperation works well to if you can stand to do it. A sharp blow to the head usually will stun but does not always kill the mouse. Then they suffer with the freezing process. Pinkies however don't gas. It is eAsier to just freeze them. A general rule is if the mouse has hair, gas or spinal seperate.

Hey Jay633,

Buzzard is right, gas is the best humane way to kill furred mice. You can make a gas chamber real cheap just do a search on here or you maybe able to google it also.

Love the Fatman

Yes they don't gas. Bag in the freezer is the perfered way for pinkies only. Fuzzies on up need to be gassed or spinal seperation.

haha so thats why pinkies always have a pose to them when you get em frozen. like one arm frozen in the air. trippy. my bag of 100 had a couple different poses.I feel kind of bad for em.

If you put pinkies in a bag and freeze them, it will be almost impossible to separate them in one piece from the tangled mess. Freeze them first on a tray spread out, then put them in a bag. You will be much happier with the results.

You can try what i do for pinks ... i take mini ice cube trays from the dollar store (12 holes each) and put a pink in each spot and they even stack on top of each other. You can even save your egg cartons and do the same thing, stack them too! That way my wife doesn't get pissy that im using the same cookie sheet she bakes on for Christmas!! lol peace!

Back