• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Fresh From The Oven, Redux

jazzgeek

The Rule Of Thirds.
Well, when the temps outside plummet from the upper 50s down to the teens over the course of three days, and when an overenthusiastic Labrador Retriever barrel rolls into your left leg in a foot of snow, causing you to hyperextend your knee, you find ways to spend your time indoors.

Like I did in the spring, I made some hides and water bowls out of Sculpey clay. Since I'll be putting the last of my collection (my oldest and largest snakes) out of glass and into tubs over the next day or two, I needed to make some hides larger than the petstore-style coconut husk domes.

The clay is simply rolled out to the proper thickness with a rolling pin, formed over aluminum foil bakeware/cookware, holes cut with an Exacto knife, and baked. Do a search in the forums on "Sculpey", and you'll see a number of people's creations.

regards,
jazz

Attachments

• Sculpey1.jpg
    Sculpey1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Sculpey2.jpg
    Sculpey2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 124
  • Sculpey3.jpg
    Sculpey3.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Sculpey4.jpg
    Sculpey4.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 123
jazzgeek said:
Well, when the temps outside plummet from the upper 50s down to the teens over the course of three days,

Thats Wisconsin. :grin01: Its 60 here, thats why we moved from Ohio.

Those clay things are very cool. I need something like that with a bottom on it where my female can lay her eggs.

That's awesome!! I had no idea such a thing was possible!

Hope you're having fun up there. It's a mere 71F here, but when I went down south for a bike ride yesterday, it was 85.

I'm from Minnesota- I escaped almost ten years ago.

Nanci

desertanimal said:
Hey, that's cool. I didn't know you could use the stuff for water bowls.
As long as you give it a coat of "bartop" epoxy and let it cure, no problem.

regards,
jazz

Back