• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Freshly-Hatched Charcoals het Amel & Bloodred

Roy Munson

Murphy's hitting my pewter clutch pretty hard. Ginger (Weebonilass), Dale (jazzgeek), Danny (dwyn127) and Bronwen (NonVenomous) are on that list, and I'm hoping that the remaining eggs in that clutch are good. *crosses fingers*

But Murphy has left the charcoal clutch alone, so far. Dale and Bronwen are on that list too, so hopefully I can get these guys eating after their first shed. I love the absolutely dark eyes of baby charcoals and pewters. I think it gives them a strange, alien look. Cute little devils. :)

I'm not a confident, naturally-skilled, fearless popper like Joe C., so I don't have sex ratios yet. I like to wait until after first shed to torture the poor things.

Attachments

• 07c02 charcoals (1).JPG
    07c02 charcoals (1).JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 07c02 charcoals (2).JPG
    07c02 charcoals (2).JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 07c02 charcoals (7).JPG
    07c02 charcoals (7).JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 153
Congrats on all those pretty babies!

Your really need to practice your popping skills. Making your buyers wait a week to find out if they get what they want can be pure torture! A few "unlucky" hatchlings over here got popped while they were still wet from the egg! When you can successfully pop a slippery slimy hatchling, you should get some kind of award or something!

Thanks Nanci, Jeff, and Janine. :)
Susan said:
Congrats on all those pretty babies!

Your really need to practice your popping skills. Making your buyers wait a week to find out if they get what they want can be pure torture! A few "unlucky" hatchlings over here got popped while they were still wet from the egg! When you can successfully pop a slippery slimy hatchling, you should get some kind of award or something!
Thanks Susan. :) Yeah, I've made some attempts while they're still slimy-fresh, and they've all been female. :rolleyes: My popping kung-fu is very weak. You SHOULD get an award if you can do it successfully. I like to wait until they've digested some yolk so they can crap all over me when I pop them. :awcrap:

Congrats on the clutch! I just desided to get a viv of poison dart frogs rather than get another snake (I know, how could I :rolleyes: :) ) for another breeding project, but this is exactly what I needed!!

Hope they all do well!

I can't imagine what I'm going to do when I need to pop my hatchlings. I have a friend to help me with them. Someone with a little more expirience, but... yikes!

Roy Munson said:
Yeah, I've made some attempts while they're still slimy-fresh, and they've all been female. My popping kung-fu is very weak.
LOL You've got to be better than I am. Unless the breeder tells me what the baby is when I'm buying it, I can only pop two sexes: Male and Unknown. :rolleyes: The charcoal hatchlings look great. I hope you'll post pics after they shed, I'd really like to see them.

Ah heck, Dean can send one of those males to Jenn.. *lol* Jenn needs to test bred one of our critters.. *lol* Nice group Dean..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Congratulations, Dean! ... Great looking babies!:cheers:

Now you don't have to stress, anymore, about when they will hatch. Glad this clutch turned out good for you.:)

(Dibs on a boy ... with fingers crossed).;)

Roy Munson said:
I'm not a confident, naturally-skilled, fearless popper like Joe C., so I don't have sex ratios yet. I like to wait until after first shed to torture the poor things.
Hey popping post shed is way more accurate. I almost never pop before the first shed and when I do, I always double check post shed. I'll always end up with one or two false females when I pop preshed. Then it's one last check when they get shipped. :)

Congrats on the babies!

Congrats on the hatchlings Dean! (They are yours this time right? lol) Very gorgeous charcoals too I might add!

Jenn

Back