• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Friends list/Forum upgrades (my thoughts)

LindsayMarie

Been here awhile
I had no idea anything had really changed (havent been on enough) until I read a thread where one was not particularly found of the friend list. ;) I was like what friend list? I was looking all over and finally found a link under private message link, then the profile links off to the left. Anyways, I was thinking not a bad idea. Then I started reading how people were getting all these requests? I havent had requests, well then I started to feel :cry: (sad) that NO one had requested that I be there friend although some that I would send a friend request to are actively using there list?? So in the end, I can see where it could cause some MINOR issues, but overall, not a bad upgrade! I am just a softy and really havent put much effort into my profile anyways.

Afterall, Rich cant control every single add on that comes with each upgrade! Or he can and doesnt have the time. So make the best of all the options you have and dont use the ones you dont like! (hint: I WOULD like to use it...lol) Just my thoughts on it all. I am sure there is even more upgrades I have no clue about. Past few months, horrible..... Well what wont kill you makes you stronger! Take care, LindsayMarie

I like you Lindsey had no clue about the friends list until that certain someone cried about it on here. I never thought of this as a social network so much as a place to get info. That is until that thread and then I realized how much people truly do socialize on here and then meet in real life. It opened my eyes to the whole idea of making friends on a forum vs a chat site.

The friends list has been part of VBulletin for some time but eh...this place is for socilaization but not on the level of MySpace, Facebook, etc.

Folks get their panties in a wad of the littlest things!

I'll be happy to "friend" someone.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought it was wrong to make friends on forums. I'm sorry if that's the way it sounded. I just didn't realize that unlike the chat programs I use to use how much people got to know each other here in a forum. I made many friends on the chat program I use to go to. but not here, and that's probably my fault for not trying to reach out to people I thought I would like to get to know better. This is just a different form of networking then I was use to before.

Aww...I'll be your friend, LndsayMarie...

Problem is...I'm a jerk. You don't wanna be friends with me...I'm the type of kid your parents warned you to stay away from...;)

Aww...I'll be your friend, LndsayMarie...

Problem is...I'm a jerk. You don't wanna be friends with me...I'm the type of kid your parents warned you to stay away from...;)
Yeah, the gorgeous "bad guy" type that made us ignore our parents and hang out with anyway! :laugh:

it's OK Lyndsay....I have friends from myspace on here that haven't even asked for my friend request on here.....I am sitting at 0....don't really care either way.

I'm a pretty crappy friend either way....so I don't blame them...

I don't know guys.. Just add anybody you want to be friends with! I don't think anyone's going to turn you down.. If I have a complaint about the friends system here, it's just that I'm not starting from a position of 'friends with everybody' and then we could just delete the few we didn't want, lol. But that's just me being lazy.

I second that! :cheers:
Just a real heal heel. ;)
You guys are bad. Chris is gonna come and open that can o' whoopa** on your heads!!

I don't know guys.. Just add anybody you want to be friends with! I don't think anyone's going to turn you down.. If I have a complaint about the friends system here, it's just that I'm not starting from a position of 'friends with everybody' and then we could just delete the few we didn't want, lol. But that's just me being lazy.
Oh Puhleeeze, Tom! I had to send golden invitations, promise my firstborn hatchling, and finally offer cold, hard CASH to get you to accept my friend request! You're a tough nut to crack! :laugh:

Oh Puhleeeze, Tom! I had to send golden invitations, promise my firstborn hatchling, and finally offer cold, hard CASH to get you to accept my friend request! You're a tough nut to crack! :laugh:

OOPS! I forgot about you.. But most people. ;)

You guys are bad. Chris is gonna come and open that can o' whoopa** on your heads!!

I guess you can call him
Rumple Snakeskin....lol, you know about the baby thing..
nevermind..I have had a few and dyed my hair..2 many fumes..lol
LOL..okay..please don't kill me..lol..
but Tom asked me to be his friend today...bahahahaha
I just happened to read this thread, and put my 2 cents in..lol
sorry...........(laughing) bahahahaha

Back