• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

frog pictures

sparkplug

frogonfinger.jpg

frog2-1.jpg

treefrog.jpg

frog2.jpg

frog3.jpg

frog4.jpg

frog6.jpg

frogeye.jpg

frog5.jpg

frog7.jpg

I always enjoy your pictures. I think the third one is my favourite; love the contrast between the green and black.

Absolutely amazing photos! I like the last photo best, I think... he/she is in such a funny position (sleeping?), and the eyes look like they're wrapped in gold foil. :)

Are they part of your collection or from the wild? Guessing at least a few are captive, judging by the backgrounds - but seeing as you're from Costa Rica, I imagine wild frogs are easy to find. ;) I spent a week in Costa Rica some years ago, and was amazed at the rich wildlife... even in the city (San Jose) there were parrots and frogs everywhere! Such a wonderful place, and I can't wait to go back someday.

Wow! I said this in another post, and I'll say it here - reptile eyes are COOL! In the last picture, the eyes look like gold-foil!

Absolutely amazing photos! I like the last photo best, I think... he/she is in such a funny position (sleeping?), and the eyes look like they're wrapped in gold foil. :)

Are they part of your collection or from the wild? Guessing at least a few are captive, judging by the backgrounds - but seeing as you're from Costa Rica, I imagine wild frogs are easy to find. ;) I spent a week in Costa Rica some years ago, and was amazed at the rich wildlife... even in the city (San Jose) there were parrots and frogs everywhere! Such a wonderful place, and I can't wait to go back someday.

In the last shot that frog isn't sleeping. I think he is looking at my lens saying "what is that thing".

I am not from Costa Rica. I am from New Orleans, I just work in Costa Rica. All of these frogs are wild, some are just photographed in urban areas such as walls of a building at night. I hope you get to go back to Costa Rica, it is a very special place with insane biodiversity. I feel very lucky to spend time down there.

Thanks so much everyone for the comments.

Back