• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

From Amel to light coloured Normal

Scally Friends

I posted some pictures of this hatchling a while back, and some people said it looked 'Dont Quote me on this' an "Ultramel or Ultra" but now it looks like a very light colured normal, but still has its albino eyes.

Can anyone help?

Charlotte.

First two pictures are of when it was younger.

Then the next two are now.

Attachments

• Amel dark 1.JPG
    Amel dark 1.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Amel New Pic 2.JPG
    Amel New Pic 2.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 75
  • New Narmal 2.JPG
    New Narmal 2.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 75
  • New Normal.JPG
    New Normal.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 74
Sorry the last to pictures where wrong these to are the right ones, cant get used to this computer. lol

im so dim

charlotte

pitures at last

ill get there in the end

here you go

Attachments

• Amel New pic 1.JPG
    Amel New pic 1.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 73
  • Amel New Pic 2.JPG
    Amel New Pic 2.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 74
  • Amel New pic 3.JPG
    Amel New pic 3.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 73
Due to what I'm seeing here, it looks to me that it is either an Ultramel or an Amel. I can't really see any black, so I'm leaning towards Amel.

I see pictures. :shrugs:

I'm not entirely familiar with Ultras/Ultramels as I don't own any, but it does look like the pics of Ultramels that I have seen. Hypoish effect with Amel looking eyes. It doesn't look like a normal to me at all, normals would have black pupils, which your snake does not.

Unlike Egg, I do see faint bronzing around the saddles, so its definitely a hypo of some sort from what I can see.

Although better focused and lighted pictures, along with a few belly pictures showing the patterning would help considerably. Its a pretty snake. What did you buy it as?

I'm putting my money on a hypo of some sort but I will tell you that the 'baby photos' of this snake look very much like my Ultramel. That's no guarantee of anything but I'm just saying.....

Arrgh... I'm too slow in posting. :) The third post has the second set of pics... when I loaded the page, there were only two posts.

It's really hard to tell anything with those pics... Might be hypo, might be amel... I'd hesistate in calling it an ultramel without knowing anything of the breeding history. What might help is a comparison photo of that snake next to a known amel. Especially if you can get a good shot of both of their eye-colors.

If it has red eyes and no black/brown pigment, it's definitely an amel. ...especially if its eyes look as red as amels' eyes do.

A lot of times when a new morph comes out that's similar in appearance to an existing morph, droves of people with the existing morph will question the label their snake has and want to know if their snake might be of the new morph variety. The breeder that bred the snake has a better idea of what genes are involved. Unless breeding trials prove otherwise, I'd go with what the breeder said it was.

-Kat

I breed the corn myself this year and i was amazed of what came out of her clutch. out of a clutch of 12, there was 1 normal, 7 snows, 2 amels and a dark hypo and this corn?

strange thing it is, keeps getting darker, but keeps the red pupils.

Back